shipping cochin bantams !!

cochin123

Songster
10 Years
Mar 9, 2009
fort walton beach, fl
how much should it be to ship a pair of cochin bantams from ny to fl ?? not $65 with the box . right ? (mods if i have this in the wrong place move it
smile.png
)

Last edited:
Quote:
If you have the 2 zip codes, you can look it up at www.usps.gov. The max weight for a bantam cochin roo should be around 30 oz - so figure 56 - 60 oz max, which would be 3.5 - 3.75 lb. Add a couple pounds for the weight of the box, shavings, apple, etc. So probably 6.5 to 7 lb. 8 pounds tops. It will ask you for the dimensions of the box. I think they're around 20 x 16 x 6. And be sure you calculate the shipping cost for EXPRESS MAIL - you are required to send them via Express. Once you know the postage cost, then you should add to that the cost of the box, which is usually $10 - $15 (unless you are recycling a CLEAN used box).

Hope that helps.

Quote:
If you have the 2 zip codes, you can look it up at www.usps.gov. The max weight for a bantam cochin roo should be around 30 oz - so figure 56 - 60 oz max, which would be 3.5 - 3.75 lb. Add a couple pounds for the weight of the box, shavings, apple, etc. So probably 6.5 to 7 lb. 8 pounds tops. It will ask you for the dimensions of the box. I think they're around 20 x 16 x 6. And be sure you calculate the shipping cost for EXPRESS MAIL - you are required to send them via Express. Once you know the postage cost, then you should add to that the cost of the box, which is usually $10 - $15 (unless you are recycling a CLEAN used box).

Hope that helps.

yes it hepled alot !!
big_smile.png
he is dead on on his shipping price !!!
ep.gif
CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK
ya.gif

Back
Top Bottom