shipping cochin bantams !!

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by cochin123, Sep 8, 2010.

1. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    how much should it be to ship a pair of cochin bantams from ny to fl ?? not $65 with the box . right ? (mods if i have this in the wrong place move it [​IMG])

Last edited: Sep 8, 2010
  2. Coopa Cabana

Coopa Cabana My Coop Runneth Over . . .

Aug 30, 2009
    Colorado
    My Coop
    Quote:If you have the 2 zip codes, you can look it up at www.usps.gov. The max weight for a bantam cochin roo should be around 30 oz - so figure 56 - 60 oz max, which would be 3.5 - 3.75 lb. Add a couple pounds for the weight of the box, shavings, apple, etc. So probably 6.5 to 7 lb. 8 pounds tops. It will ask you for the dimensions of the box. I think they're around 20 x 16 x 6. And be sure you calculate the shipping cost for EXPRESS MAIL - you are required to send them via Express. Once you know the postage cost, then you should add to that the cost of the box, which is usually $10 - $15 (unless you are recycling a CLEAN used box).

Hope that helps.

3. cochin123

cochin123 Chillin' With My Peeps

Mar 9, 2009
    fort walton beach, fl
    Quote:If you have the 2 zip codes, you can look it up at www.usps.gov. The max weight for a bantam cochin roo should be around 30 oz - so figure 56 - 60 oz max, which would be 3.5 - 3.75 lb. Add a couple pounds for the weight of the box, shavings, apple, etc. So probably 6.5 to 7 lb. 8 pounds tops. It will ask you for the dimensions of the box. I think they're around 20 x 16 x 6. And be sure you calculate the shipping cost for EXPRESS MAIL - you are required to send them via Express. Once you know the postage cost, then you should add to that the cost of the box, which is usually $10 - $15 (unless you are recycling a CLEAN used box).

Hope that helps.

yes it hepled alot !! [​IMG] he is dead on on his shipping price !!! [​IMG] CANT WAIT TILL NEXT WEEK [​IMG]

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by