Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Scott - We've not really met yet, but I've followed some of your trouble through this thread.....congrats and good luck with the new job opportunity!...hope it all works out great for you.

Countrychickengirl - great chic pics!

And hiya Hillbilly
frow.gif
- 2 of my 10 hens are Dellies and I'm getting 2 or 3 more this spring...and hopefully more in the coming years....I think my 2 are laying about 5-6 eggs a week...and we think they are good sized...mind you, this is my first bunch of chickens and my coop is full of 10 mo old pullets of random breeds...so that's all I've got to compare them to....I'm sure there is somebody else here that can give you a better answer.

Thanks everyone for the wonderful comments on the pics!! Y'all are making me blush
big_smile.png

Delgirl - Welcome back!!! So sorry to hear about your hen....Picture 4 & 5 that you mentioned is of Stripey and my hubby was also thinking that one might be a roo - I guess we will see soon....it is so much fun to try and figure it out even though they change daily...

Anderson - Welcome to the board!!! You will find lots of info and fun stuff here!!!! Your birds are really pretty (and your dog is adorable)!!!

Scott - Such great news!! I hope everything works out for you!!!!
thumbsup.gif

Hillbilly Hen - Welcome aboard!! Can't wait to see pics when you get your birds!!!!

~Lisa~

Thank you countrychickengirl
smile.png

Anderson33, where do I begin? Lol. This is what I have accumalated over time on this thread (and someone correct me if I stray):

1. If you look at their combs, both males and females should have 5 total points.
2. Leg color should be a bright yellow (right?)
3. BODY TYPE! Thick, meaty bird!! Lol. If you look at speckledhens pictures, her Isaac is one heck of a rooster.

After that, I know what it is, but putting it into words is not my thing. Cetawin, Laney, Kathy, Scott, Cynthia, and a few others will get on and scream down the Delaware Hall of Fame on the Standard
lol.png
I'm lousy with it, lol.

CYN DOES NOT HAVE A NEW AVATAR!!!!!! Is this a conspiracy to convince me I have lost my mind???? It's the same avatar she has had for ages- I scrolled back and looked!!! WAAAAHHHHHHH!!!!! I am NOT crazy, I am NOT crazy-

(whimper, whimper) why can't I see her new avatar?
hit.gif

OK, I have been taking lessons from the orps, but dang- you all can see it and I can't!

More importantly, WAHOOOOOOO SCOTT!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
wee.gif
ya.gif
hugs.gif
I'm praying for the $

Anderson33- what Delgirl says on the standard, plus they are to have a reddish horn beak, not brown, the hens have black tail feathers instead of barred, the hackles on both are to be barred, not stripey looking like Columbian, wing carriage is horizontal, tail angle is 40 degrees, and they will soon have you completely hooked with Dellie mind control.
What did I forget? Probably lots, but Cynthia, Kathy, Germaine, Cetawin, and the rest of the great people on here can fill in and/or correct me.

O yes, Hillbilly Hen, GET MORE DELAWARES.

Cynthia, thank you for patiently advising me on all three threads!!!! You are a sweetie. I am here at work, and can finally see Isaac, and it's a GREAT picture!

Back
Top Bottom