Show off your Delawares! *PIC HEAVY*

Quote:
She loves you!
lau.gif

I have an EE that flies up onto me. My son thinks it's hilarious that I've "trained" her to do that!

Wow- I go to work and everyone posts cool pictures-
Cetawin- I am glad to actually get to see what Ultrasuede sent, he was very secretive about the whole thing.
Kathy- I knew what those would look like- we LOVE that company. YUMMY!

Hennie- My roos are 8 months or so old and just have nubs where they will eventually have spurs. Maybe it takes time?

I LOVE little Emma/Amelia/ but if she is a he, do I have to name her Lucky Lindberg or something?

Scott- thanks for sharing- what a wonderful sight!

OK, back to the grind!

Scott, what a wonderful way to start the morning. I just wish they didn't come up to my front porch and eat my day lillies. Otherwise, I love having the deer around.

Cyn, I am so sorry about Ivy. You are in my thoughts today.

Cetawin, that Severus. What a pickle-head. He and my Red sound like they are made out of the same mold. I keep threatening him with the stew pot, but want to let him mature a little. Maybe he will grow out of his little moods.

So does anyone here have goats. My DH has now decided that we need a few Mini Nubians for fresh millk. We are in the midst of building a barn for them. I guess if I am allowed to have chickens, he is allowed to have goats
hu.gif

ChksontheRun I had a nubian but sadly it was a buck. I came home and found it in my garage....it followed my son home
hmm.png
But JR was a great pet for my son. Great little goats.

Well, we went to see a friend that I know from my quilting group, who has mini nubians from the line of goats that my husband wants, and we have 2 doelings on order for next March.

Now we have a little work to do before we are ready for them.

My son says we are replacing our children who are almost all gone from home, with animals. I guess we are, first chickens, now goats.

Now, on to chickens. I keep going out to the coop to check for eggs. I know it is a little early for them to start laying (19wks) But I keep checking every day. Today, it was obvious that someone is sitting in the nest boxes. Yesterday, I put in fresh straw, and it was all fluffy in the boxes. Today, it is all mashed down and flat. someone has been sitting in there and it is not at night.........Some of their combs are getting larger, and distinctly more red. I think it might be soon
wee.gif

YAY eggs are coming gal
yippiechickie.gif
Your son is probably right I am starting now to determine exactly what animals I want when I toss Cheyenne out in 4 years.
gig.gif

Last edited:
Wonderful eggs today @ 22 weeks all 4 laid yesterday and today and 2 of the pullets are laying large eggs maybe double yolkers been eating my small eggs saving my good ones for the weekend
droolin.gif

I HAVE AN IMPOSTER IN THE DELAWARE COOP!!!!! Someone laid a white egg.... sheesh. I probably hatched a mixed breed who looks like a Del and now I will have to seperate each one to see who the culprit is.

My Dr. Frankenstein days are over!

Back
Top Bottom