Show Off Your Drakes!

Yes, I love the runners. Got 3 boys and one girl runner, a Cayuga Drake and 2 ducks and one blue Swede Drake and 2 girls. My other 3 girls are a pekin a khaki and a mallard. Got some eggs in incubator now...not sure of viability yet. Gotta get me a few more girls next spring but these guys have kept the peace very well this year.

Wow! Gorgeous drakes everybody!

Here are some of my drakes. My Buff Orpington (Merlin), Jumbo Pekin (Aflac), and White Layer (Pinky):
View attachment 1140711

And my Pekin, Joey:
View attachment 1140714

Some young drakes. These guys will all be rehomed:
View attachment 1140715

View attachment 1140718

View attachment 1140720

View attachment 1140722

View attachment 1140724

View attachment 1140725

I love that fifth pic where they are all looking up at the sky.

Very handsome boys!

Thank you! I saw your Henry at the beginning of this post. How old is he? Has he always had the markings around his eyes? Mine is from Holderreads as well and the female has the eye stripes, but I keep wondering if he will develop them with age. These were all April hatchlings.

Yes, he has always had those markings around his eyes, but when we bought him, he was already a year old, so I don't know what he looked like when he was younger.

I want very badly to get Golden Cascade ducklings from Holderread's this spring. Guess we'll have to wait and see how full the duck pen is at that point.

Here are some recent pics of Henry:

In this one, you can also see our Magpie Drake in the middle.
IMG_9647.JPG

And in this one, Henry stands near his sons, whose other half is Cayuga.
IMG_9661.JPG

Loving all the pics!! :love

I hatched 12 call ducks. 9 are drakes. :th
I finally rehomed 6, so i still have 3 of each. Calls pair up a little more than large breeds, so at the moment, it's going ok. I may have to rehome one more. :(

Oh, and i have 8 + 15 (different due dates) call eggs in the incubator. :oops:

@Georgina Fritznoodle pretty boys!! How old are they?

Thanks!

Aflac, Merlin, Pinky, and Joey are about 2 years old. The rest of the drakes range from 9-12 weeks in age

I love that fifth pic where they are all looking up at the sky.

Very handsome boys!

Thanks!

I absolutely love your Golden Cascade drake! He's gorgeous! :love

Loving all the pics!! :love

I hatched 12 call ducks. 9 are drakes. :th
I finally rehomed 6, so i still have 3 of each. Calls pair up a little more than large breeds, so at the moment, it's going ok. I may have to rehome one more. :(

Oh, and i have 8 + 15 (different due dates) call eggs in the incubator. :oops:

Nine drakes! :eek: That's crazy! I've always had more girls than boys in my hatches.

Good luck on your upcoming hatches!

Wow!  Stunning pictures of a beautiful boy! :love   Perfect way to kick off a thread.  Thank you! 

Thank you! I think he's gorgeous and my neighbor says she is just in love with his curly tail feathers (not that she isn't utterly besotted with the females too) but I think we might be a bit biased. ;)

The ducks in your photo are beautiful too! Are they all drakes?

Back
Top Bottom