SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

0F33DFB5-55A2-4E89-8A0A-5D9C96CC6C39.jpeg
E12C6DD1-5CCB-49EB-8BEE-1A0AD308A76E.jpeg
10B466DA-403F-4E69-AC8D-BDBBA105E223.jpeg
9837F014-E95F-4E50-B86C-3390571BEFC4.jpeg
983F0EF3-7DC7-4521-BA5F-79E59036BC14.jpeg
Sorry I’ve been awol. Winter is not a good season for my bipolar self. I tend to sequester myself away from everyone. Anyway. I’m back and cooking! Chicken enchiladas and fiesta lime rice.

Question:
Does anyone put mayonnaise in their cake batter to make it more moist? If so, how much do you use & do you alter the other ingredients in any way?

I never have pudding packs here so that's not an option.

@N F C @ronott1

I have not personally put mayo in my cake batter but I've heard rave reviews about it. Primarily in chocolate cake. I believe I was told 3tbsp to substitute per egg in the recipe or just adding an additional 2tbsp per cake mix no substitution. I have used unsweetened applesauce to moisten a cake before and it was scrumptious. I included a link about a Hellman's Mayo Chocolate cake. It was interesting for me to watch and the YouTuber is great she's one of my fav. Share if you do make a cake with mayo let us know how it turned out.

Question:
Does anyone put mayonnaise in their cake batter to make it more moist? If so, how much do you use & do you alter the other ingredients in any way?

@N F C @ronott1

Sorry to be so slow answering, I was tired out by the time I got home from work. I have used mayo instead of oil & eggs in chocolate cake and it works well. If I remember correctly, it was pretty much an even trade out for the eggs & oil.

I want to make NFC's PB cake. I've made it twice & its been really good. One of the kids made it last time & it was a little dry & I don't know what they did. I thought I might drop in some mayo or an extra yolk just in case. :confused:

An extra egg yolk should help with any dryness. I often use an extra yolk in cakes.

Thanks! Its Frankie Doodle. She's my #2. :love

Happy birthday to your DD Roomy!

View attachment 1727652 View attachment 1727646 View attachment 1727648 View attachment 1727649 View attachment 1727650 Sorry I’ve been awol. Winter is not a good season for my bipolar self. I tend to sequester myself away from everyone. Anyway. I’m back and cooking! Chicken enchiladas and fiesta lime rice.

It's nice to have you back! The enchiladas and rice look very good :drool Is your grand-daughter still doing a lot of cooking?

Question:

@N F C @ronott1

Roomy there's a chocolate mayonnaise cake recipe from Best Foods. Super moist and chocolatey and excellent with cream cheese frosting!

Thanks! Its Frankie Doodle. She's my #2. :love

Happy Birthday to Frankie Doodle!

View attachment 1727652 View attachment 1727646 View attachment 1727648 View attachment 1727649 View attachment 1727650 Sorry I’ve been awol. Winter is not a good season for my bipolar self. I tend to sequester myself away from everyone. Anyway. I’m back and cooking! Chicken enchiladas and fiesta lime rice.

Nice to see you back :hugsFood looks yummy as usual :drool

Back
Top Bottom