SHOW OFF YOUR YUM! Food Photography Thread

I throw mine in flat in a regular frying pan with oil. Cook them a bit while flat, flip them, then bend in half holding the bottom half down with a folk & holding the top half up with another fork. I let them drain on the paper towels upside down like a tent.

A fryer would be nice. I’ve never worked with one. Anybody have an air fryer? I wonder how that would work?
I do. I’d spritz with light olive oil, and put a wad of parchment paper or foil inside the folded shell. Or, a silicone mat rolled up.

Homemade chocolate almond bar and that black stuff that makes you go, “WHOO!”
67E8634A-4654-4E2E-A5FE-39864EEA2881.jpeg

Making Scoth eggs tonight
Scotch Eggs

Ingredients:

5 large free-range eggs

2 1/4 C seasoned flour

1 lb sausage meat

Dash of Worcestershire Sauce

1 tablespoon fresh parsley, finely chopped

Salt and pepper

3 C breadcrumbs

Vegetable oil for deep frying

Preparation:

Preheat an oven to 200 degrees Celsius (392 Fahrenheit), gas 300 degrees.

Place four of the eggs in a pan of cold water, bring to the boil and cook for exactly three minutes, remove from the heat and allow to cool in the water, peel and set aside.

Dust the boiled eggs in flour seasoned with salt and pepper. Mix in the parsley with the sausage meat, add the Worcestershire sauce and divide the meat into four equal portions.

Form each portion into a flat cake large enough to fit around the egg then work the sausage meat around the egg as evenly as possible while keeping the egg shape and making sure there are no cracks. Place the scotch eggs in the fridge for twenty minutes to set up.

Remove from the fridge and roll in the seasoned flour followed by the remaining egg, beaten, then into the crumbs making sure to coat well at each stage.

In a deep pan, heat the oil to 180°C then fry the scotch eggs in the oil turning frequently for 3 minutes. Remove the eggs and place them in the preheated oven for five minutes or until golden brown all over.

Back
Top Bottom