1. If this is your first time on BYC, we suggest you start with one of these three options:
    Raising Chickens Chicken Coops Join BYC
    If you're already a member of our community, click here to login & click here to learn what's new!

Showgirls in a cooler climate?

Discussion in 'General breed discussions & FAQ' started by tlouiselle, Jan 4, 2016.

1. tlouiselle

tlouiselle Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    How well can showgirls handle cooler weather? There is a possibility that we may be relocating from Florida to Michigan...I know silkies can handle the temps...but what about showgirls? I have some showgirls that I would be so sad to have to rehome :-( I m aalready sad because I will most likely have to find a home for my sweet serama rooster because he will not like the temps :-(

Last edited: Jan 4, 2016
  2. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

I think that as long as you give them a place that is dry and draft free, they will be fine....even your Serama!

3. tlouiselle

tlouiselle Out Of The Brooder

Mar 15, 2015
    Thank you! I was reading that the seramas are very sensative to cooler weather. I considered IF we make the move, building an indoor area in a mudroom for the serama because I love him LOL. He is such a well behaved little rooster.

4. Wisher1000

Wisher1000 Bama Biddy

Good luck on your move!!

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by