Sick duckling!!! Please help. really worried UPDATE

Quote:
Yes just one dose. When i left she had fresh clean water. nothing added and her normal crumbles. I did the epsom salt just to be on the safe side and clear her system after the charcoal and any thing else in there from last nigh. Thank you for helping me and being so concerned for my Gizmo.

Thank goodness, so happy to hear she is doing so much better..
smile.png

Quote:
I agree!!!

Thank you!

Just had my lunch break and went home to check on her. She is still the same as this morning. Better but not completly there yet. Really wants to get out of the brooder. She was upset when i had to put her back and kept wanting to follow me. Wish i could sneak her into work but i dont think they would like that much
lol.png

I'm glad she's feeling better! Maybe the bird seed she ate with your fiance was moldy or was toxic like you said. The activated charcoal might have helped with that.

I keep a bottle of charcoal capsules on hand at all times. I've never used it on my birds, but my dogs have sure eaten their fair share of it! I just had to give one of my dogs some this weekend after he got in the garbage and ate some old brownies I had thrown away. The charcoal binds to the part of chocolate that's toxic to dogs.

Charcoal will also bind up certain vitamins, so it's not good to use on a long-term basis.

I hope your duckling continues to improve!

Back
Top Bottom