sick or injured muscovy

HaleMoa

In the Brooder
11 Years
Sep 18, 2008
3rd World America, Hawaii
my cousins dropped off an adult muscovy today, (they figured i had chickens and ducks so i would know what to do...RIGHT) anyway, i'm not sure if he's injured or sick, but i decided to keep him away from my two scovy girls in a separate pen. he can barely walk right, although he shuffles around, and his wings hang down at his side. there's some blood on both of his wings on the underside but not much, just spotty, and i couldn't see any open wounds but i didn't have time to look for gashes as i'm off to work soon. i left him in a pen with nice fresh bedding, water with crushed advil and a bowl full of food. he's in a dark, dry part of the shed, with good ventilation.

is there anything else i can do for him? what does it sound like it could be, injured or sick?

i hope not sick cause he did flop around with the girls for a half hour before i realized how bad a state he was in and decided to quarantine him.

anyway, thanks in advance for any help.

* Geez, I hope you can give Advil to a duck!! IDK!! I know pain meds are tricky for animals. . . .
hmm.png

Back
Top Bottom