Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
I made it on Bing. It seems all the cute pictures cost a fee or are copyrighted, but why bother when you can just make your own anyway.

I'm hoping for a boy Marsha actually. ☺️

None were penned up together so there will be a few of each old tribe and new tribe. @LTAY1946 is going to know a day before us what he wound up with. Should be interesting! ❤️ They'll all be cute though for sure!
Marshal? Marsho? Mr. Mauvelous?

Never saw the tag announcement in my notifications, but! I will cheer on Ember. That was the name of my RIR that was murdered this summer. 🥰 I have to say I like the name lol.
Yikes, poor Ember #1! Ember is a great name for a RIR, I call mine the Spicy Reds.

Yay, now Ember of the Odoban has double the cheers!

Never saw the tag announcement in my notifications, but! I will cheer on Ember. That was the name of my RIR that was murdered this summer. 🥰 I have to say I like the name lol.
Murdered? Do tell! I'm retired law enforcement but you perked my ears with that word lol.

Murdered? Do tell! I'm retired law enforcement but you perked my ears with that word lol.
A couple of dogs were loose (pets not strays), and they got into my yard and into the metal run I had for them so they could play outside. We were waiting for the bigger run so they didn't have to come inside at night etc. Well it got here the day after they all died.

The dogs came in, got into the metal run by banging into it, and the babies ran out. The dogs caught them one by one and snapped their necks. Didn't eat em. Nothing. Not even a single bite wound. All of chickens and my adopted rooster. Gone. I had one roo and 8 pullets. Plus the adopted rooster Colonel that my neighbors had let free range for 2 years. The current rooster they have, which I have also adopted, is his son (so I was told).

Idk what happened but the animal control officer gave her multiple citations, which she ignored. They ended up going to court but idk the outcome.

Phew that was long. 😅

A couple of dogs were loose (pets not strays), and they got into my yard and into the metal run I had for them so they could play outside. We were waiting for the bigger run so they didn't have to come inside at night etc. Well it got here the day after they all died.

The dogs came in, got into the metal run by banging into it, and the babies ran out. The dogs caught them one by one and snapped their necks. Didn't eat em. Nothing. Not even a single bite wound. All of chickens and my adopted rooster. Gone. I had one roo and 8 pullets. Plus the adopted rooster Colonel that my neighbors had let free range for 2 years. The current rooster they have, which I have also adopted, is his son (so I was told).

Idk what happened but the animal control officer gave her multiple citations, which she ignored. They ended up going to court but idk the outcome.

Phew that was long. 😅
If you're given municipal citations and ignore them, as in not pay them, you will have a warrant issued for your arrest and will go to county jail until they are paid off or paid off in time served.

If you ignore them and don't change your behavior, they'll cite you again and if there is a higher level, like from "Dog running loose," to "Dangerous dog," they usually will.

If she went to court, that means she was either going there to dispute them, or try to get a break on the fines from the municipal court judge. You do have the right to know so I would call your municipal court clerk and ask.

Did Winter die? 😭
Yes, I'm sorry. I candled at Day 7 and Winter was one of a few that I had put a question mark on as it didn't look good but yet I wasn't definitive. Yesterday, I candled again and 3 questionable ones, one being Winter, definitely were goners. It did start, it just didn't have it in it to finish I guess. 😢

I just caught Stella sitting on the bureau between the two incubators. Stella is the adopted cat that took a liking to chicks in the brooder and sleeps on top of it any time we have chicks in there. She was watching the eggs which are doing absolutely nothing of course. It makes me wonder if cats can sense there's movement inside. 🤔 We have two other cats and neither of them ever did that or this brooder guarding thing.

Stella guarding.jpg

Back
Top Bottom