Silky hatch-along and OdoBan on eggs experiment

Pics
Last night I did some scheming thinking about what the heck I'd be setting here next week as I've only got 6 eggs thus far from the breeding pen.

So, I went shopping. I found some paints or split to paints eggs on eBay and bought a dozen, due here in a few days. $60/dozen + shipping was not bad at all.

Here we go again with more I'd probably keep than sell. Good thing Silkies are small. What was that again, 1.5 sq ft per bird? :lau

I actually had to do some math here as I'm at the exact limit of 24 right now (8'x12'). Hubby was who reminded me that the connected 5'x20" enclosed sunroom attached to the coop should count as they have access to it all winter. Well heck yeah! Let's go! :wee

Last night I did some scheming thinking about what the heck I'd be setting here next week as I've only got 6 eggs thus far from the breeding pen.

So, I went shopping. I found some paints or split to paints eggs on eBay and bought a dozen, due here in a few days. $60/dozen + shipping was not bad at all.

Here we go again with more I'd probably keep than sell. Good thing Silkies are small. What was that again, 1.5 sq ft per bird? :lau

I actually had to do some math here as I'm at the exact limit of 24 right now (8'x12'). Hubby was who reminded me that the connected 5'x20" enclosed sunroom attached to the coop should count as they have access to it all winter. Well heck yeah! Let's go! :wee
I love the way you scheme think!

Yay, paints! I really want to hatch some pains and go to the paint sample section of the hardware store and pick out cool paint color names to name the chicks 🤣

When does our next hatch-a-long start!?!

I had been worrying early about having 5 little silkies and 6 big chicks in the brooder together. All the worry went away today when one of the silkies with the top hat on was picking on a big chick and getting the best of him. They will soon be separate once they get feathered out good. They are down to a minimal amount of heat now. The bulb is way up high and they still spread out all over the brooder. Room temp is at about 70° 24/7.

I had been worrying early about having 5 little silkies and 6 big chicks in the brooder together. All the worry went away today when one of the silkies with the top hat on was picking on a big chick and getting the best of him. They will soon be separate once they get feathered out good. They are down to a minimal amount of heat now. The bulb is way up high and they still spread out all over the brooder. Room temp is at about 70° 24/7.
I've seen mine be pretty fiesty too, I had the TSC silkies in with layers who were 3 weeks older. The silkies could be little terrors, they would try to eat the combs off the layers 🤣

So ..... what's the story on my 25-O chick? I never got notified of anything. Did it hatch? Has hatch date come and gone, or hasn't come yet, or ... what? I've lost track.
I'm sorry, here was the thread that announced the fatalities. I had a lot so didn't tag everyone whose eggs were either not fertile or died shortly after starting. The 3 remaining viable Odoban eggs hatched as well as many others. Here was their group picture a week ago. (I need new pics!) I'm sorry you didn't know, but thank you for joining!! :hugs

2-2-24.jpeg

I love the way you scheme think!

Yay, paints! I really want to hatch some pains and go to the paint sample section of the hardware store and pick out cool paint color names to name the chicks 🤣

When does our next hatch-a-long start!?!
Speaking of using paint colors for names of chickens, this is fun!

https://www.homedepot.com/b/Paint-Ideas/neutral/02

You just click the main color then hover over all those squares for their names. There are thousands!

Back
Top Bottom