Single baby.

Storm is a girl. We've had a male mix runner, but he was just a little over-zealous for the ladies. The Muscovy male didn't care that he existed, but the females, aside from Sunshine, didn't like him at all.

I was very fortunate to have a neighbor give me 4 runners 3 years ago. 1 drake and 3 ducks. I've gotten all my ducklings from them hatching myself. I know not everyone is as fortunate.

After reading all the horror stories on here about shipped ducklings I would never have live ducks shipped. Eggs, would probably be ok but not live ducklings. It just doesn't make any sense to me that they would be ok traveling all that way in a box getting thrown around in the cold etc.
x2...and after getting severely damaged (smashed!) hatching eggs twice, I couldn't imagine (potentially) subjecting baby poultry to that kind of rough handling. 🙁

My Patches is 1/2 chocolate and 1/2 fawn/white
IMG_0893.JPG
IMG_0816.JPG

Love her coloring! My Runners have been, shall we say, very active recently...hoping to hatch some black x fawn & white (I have reason to believe it's possible, lol).
thank you. They are pretty ducks. My little chocolate boy is so dang cute and sweet and he's little compared to the 2 young drakes I've got. They do pick on him but I'm watching and he's been holding his own. @Runner duck mom hatched out 2 of my grandducks and they are so pretty. Luckily we live really close by which makes it so much fun. We met on BYC!

That pic made my day! Storm is adorable! I'm sure you can find her some friends.

As for selling ducklings, they're hard to get here too, which I'm actually really happy about, since it means less dumped ducks. You have to buy something like 30 at a time, until after Easter, from what I understand. We also have a 6 chick minimum. When I go to NH I have to stay away from Tractor Supply stores, because if I could get like 2 or 3 there's NO way I'd be able to resist.

Back
Top Bottom