Small air cell

Feb 8, 2019
hello,
I have got 10 eggs in the incubator at the moment on day 22. The air cells are still small on 8 of them, the other two were older eggs and have a good size air cell. I removed the water from the incubate about 3 days ago and hoped to see the air cells grow more, they haven’t really. I have placed a dehumidifier in my room, any idea if this will work? I have never hatched this many eggs at once and think that maybe the humidity is high due to the moisture being given off by the eggs or the weather as it has been cold and rainy one day and warm the next? The eggs are forming great apart from this. I don’t have a humidity reader, I usually just figure it out due to the size of the air cell (I usually have 90% hatch rates)
Thanks x

hello,
I have got 10 eggs in the incubator at the moment on day 22. The air cells are still small on 8 of them, the other two were older eggs and have a good size air cell. I removed the water from the incubate about 3 days ago and hoped to see the air cells grow more, they haven’t really. I have placed a dehumidifier in my room, any idea if this will work? I have never hatched this many eggs at once and think that maybe the humidity is high due to the moisture being given off by the eggs or the weather as it has been cold and rainy one day and warm the next? The eggs are forming great apart from this. I don’t have a humidity reader, I usually just figure it out due to the size of the air cell (I usually have 90% hatch rates)
Thanks x
Do not go below 30% for humidity.

The eggs with the seemingly small air cells will be fine. There will be a draw down before they hatch and the air cells will get a lot bigger.

Going below 30% humidity is associated with death

Do not go below 30% for humidity.

The eggs with the seemingly small air cells will be fine. There will be a draw down before they hatch and the air cells will get a lot bigger.

Going below 30% humidity is associated with death
Ok thanks, just didn’t want them to end up being too small. I have attached a picture below. The air cell is still like half way between day 7 and day 14.
C3CA2347-94F8-4BD9-BCF2-B6C20CF59CC5.png

Ok thanks, just didn’t want them to end up being too small. I have attached a picture below. The air cell is still like half way between day 7 and day 14.View attachment 1733230
The difference is the eggs being fresh. The air cells will be smaller then but will get to normal size during lockdown.

Back
Top Bottom