SOLD-Ameraucanas/Marans/Faverolles heavy pics added

Mahonri- what is that other cord (the white one) going into the top of your incubator? I've got 2 of the same 1588s and usually nothing is in that vent hole (or maybe just the red plug.) I'm curious about your set-up. I only used them last Spring/Summer, so I'm always open to other people's tricks for a better hatch!
Thanks,
Lisa

Quote:
Lisa, this is my first hatch so that little therm/hygrometer in the bottom back has an outside temp cord that goes out where the turner cord goes out, then comes back through the hole and down to mid egg level so that we can see what the temp is around the eggs in the middle of the bator. In that particular pic the temp down where the therm/hyg is located is 100.3.
At egg level where the sensor is, it is 99.9 and on the bottom back side the humidity is at 56 there.

Since then, we've stabalized it at 100.2 at back, 99.5 at egg level in the middle with humidity at around 51.

Quote:
You are so brave to adopt!

You quit having kids to soon.
wink.png

Our boys are 21, 18, 16, 14, 11, 8 and our little girl will soon be 6! 9 years and we'll be where you are but I'll be ancient by then (60)

The 14 year old is the one that is really into the bator, (I'll have to see if they can get merit badges in Poultry raising) but wait until they start hatching!!!
My little girl remembers when we got our chicks from McMurray last April and how when she held one it jumped out of her hand, landed hard and got injured (eventually died). The other day she said, "And dad, when I hold a baby chick this time, I'll make sure I'm on the ground and it won't fall". Cute.

Quote:
You are so brave to adopt!

You quit having kids to soon.
wink.png

Our boys are 21, 18, 16, 14, 11, 8 and our little girl will soon be 6! 9 years and we'll be where you are but I'll be ancient by then (60)

The 14 year old is the one that is really into the bator, (I'll have to see if they can get merit badges in Poultry raising) but wait until they start hatching!!!
My little girl remembers when we got our chicks from McMurray last April and how when she held one it jumped out of her hand, landed hard and got injured (eventually died). The other day she said, "And dad, when I hold a baby chick this time, I'll make sure I'm on the ground and it won't fall". Cute.

We didn't quit on purpose! My GM had 14.... only the baby was a girl so we knew what we were up against. I can't have any more biologic children but the Lord can still fit someone else in to our family we are prayerful. And this time we get to PICK a girl... how cool is that?

60 is the new 40 M... No longer ancient! we will be healthy and strong and ready to take on those grandkids in a game of flag football, don'tchaknow?

Your poor baby girl... must have really hurt her feelings to have dropped the chick. I stepped on a puppy once while carrying a big pan of milk to them and it died of a broken back... I was just heartbroken. Glad she gets a 'do-over'.

Quote:
big_smile.png
The heart works alot like nature? Sometimes circumstances does the chosing for you? Are you doing a specific infant adoption or something else? We were going to "pick" a girl too, always wanted a little pink in our lives
wink.png
Tina - mother of three adopted boys and one bio son
big_smile.png

We are doing our home study through DePelchin. No infants here... I have had five diaper babies and don't feel I will miss a thing by skipping out on that... we are actually looking in the 11 year and up range. At that age we feel like we can find a good 'fit' in a child who likes the farm, and church and can live without TV...

celebrate.gif

My DH and I started classes last night to become foster parents....I can't wait to get finished with the classes and start helping right away. I like the smaller ones myself, but they are all precious!
I used to work at a childrens' shelter so I know what I am up against.
I also have a 14 year old and a 16 year old of my own. They are looking forward to a foster brother or sister too.
~Rebecca

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom