Quote:
No?
Read up on gun laws in Australia!

That can happen here..

Here is my 2 cents..

Yes to background checks
Yes to needing safety training
Yes with needing a license for CC
No to needing to register individual firearms.

Yes our right to form militia is constitutional.

No I do not support the NRA.
Yes I am a gun toting Liberal...
big_smile.png

ON

Quote:
No?
Read up on gun laws in Australia!

Yes I am a gun toting Liberal...
big_smile.png

ON

Isn't that an oxymoron
tongue2.gif

Our M16A1's jammed often. It was the gas rings. They never seemed to have any replacements. Made it rough when you were qualifying. Can't imagine what it would be like to have it jamb in combat. Seemed like the M60's did ok. They did warn us about overheating the barrel. I never touched one after basic except for the annual skills testing. Our crew weapons were 50 cals. I was in self propelled Artillery.

Quote:
I disagree that having the permit means that the government knows you have a gun. They only know that you have the right to have a weapon and carry it concealed. Whether you actually do? That is up to you.

Quote:
It really depends on the gun. As long as you have something resembling a vague idea of how a firearm works, your only real danger is overpenetration, and that's only in certain cases. Unless a loved one is BEHIND the guy you're planning to shoot, you've got few worries. Except missing.
wink.png
Not a problem, though, if you have a shotgun and a little distance. Oh, and if you (God forbid) have to shoot an intruder, make sure the judge only gets to hear your side of the story. If the intruder survives, you WILL be sued.

Having been on the firing range with idiots who did not realize that they were pointing their weapon when they turned around to ask questions or look at the instructor...no, people need a LOT of training in what to do, and more improtantly, WHAT NOT TO DO. Oh, and these were intelligent people, just not accustomed to carry or using a weapon. I've also had a weapon jam on me, and if you don't have a clue what to do in that circumstance, you can be a real danger to yourself and anyone near you. BTW, I would not at all consider myself well-qualified on weapon use, but I do know enough to know that. Someone even less experienced would be likely to think they were well qualified simply becuase they had shot a weapon and hit the target a few times.

Quote:
I disagree that having the permit means that the government knows you have a gun. They only know that you have the right to have a weapon and carry it concealed. Whether you actually do? That is up to you.

Do you know anyone that has a CCP but no gun?

Back
Top Bottom