SOMETHINGS WRONG WITH TOES!!!

Mar 29, 2021
HELP!! My chicken has something going on with his toes on one foot. I’ve been soaking it in epson salt, putting antibiotic cream on it and nothing is working.

Attachments

• 08E4BEF7-D303-4B90-A7E4-1EA1C0168D8B.jpeg
    08E4BEF7-D303-4B90-A7E4-1EA1C0168D8B.jpeg
    406.1 KB · Views: 12
What are the bedding / floor conditions of your coop / run? It doesn’t get that cold in Western NC (I’m in Lincolnton).... in order for that type of frostbite to occur would mean they were in very poor conditions and possibly no roost to get up off the ground when it is super cold and wet here....

What are the bedding / floor conditions of your coop / run? It doesn’t get that cold in Western NC (I’m in Lincolnton).... in order for that type of frostbite to occur would mean they were in very poor conditions and possibly no roost to get up off the ground when it is super cold and wet here....
He had gotten his foot tangled on the rope the water was hanging from and was like that all night on the coldest night we had. When we found him he was almost frozen to death. His leg was limp and I have rehab him to where he doesn’t even walk with a limp. He’s in a barn with roost and hay but while injured he’s inside with heat and by himself. He’s improved back to normal all but this. We are about 2 hours from Lincolnton NC near Asheville. So no he wasn’t on his roost that night he was hanging by his leg upside down until morning.

He had gotten his foot tangled on the rope the water was hanging from and was like that all night on the coldest night we had. When we found him he was almost frozen to death. His leg was limp and I have rehab him to where he doesn’t even walk with a limp. He’s in a barn with roost and hay but while injured he’s inside with heat and by himself. He’s improved back to normal all but this. We are about 2 hours from Lincolnton NC near Asheville. So no he wasn’t on his roost that night he was hanging by his leg upside down until morning.

Gotcha. This would have been good info to include initially, makes a lot more sense.

Back
Top Bottom