Sunny, 70*, Dry... Pics of the Flock

Discussion in 'Pictures & Stories of My Chickens' started by speckledhen, Jan 30, 2011.

1. speckledhen

speckledhen Intentional Solitude Premium Member

I worked on fencing in t-shirt and shorts today! It was awesome, but man, I'm so sore all over! Anyway, took some pictures of the main group, plus Nugget and her babies. Enjoy!

See, actual sunshine!

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

The middle cage on the right is where my crippled rooster, Zane, lives. Suede's part is on the left:

[​IMG]

Will post Nugget's pics in a separate post---look below!

2. speckledhen

Nugget! D'uccles are 7 weeks and the blue barred cockerel and the Delaware pullet are 6 weeks.

[​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

3. PepsNick

PepsNick Back to Business

May 9, 2010
    Egglanta, GA
    Great pics! Suede has a nice pen- spoiled boy! Maybe when I come up tomorrow I can say hi to him? LadyHawk would like that [​IMG] Enjoy the weather why you can. Down here it's supposed to rain tomorrow. [​IMG]

Let's see who I can name!

I see Isaac, Snow, Charolette or Nora (not sure which), Ivy?, Riley, Nelda, Shadow? and I know the Black Ameraucana's name... it's not Gypsy is it? [​IMG]

And your coop... I thought it was green? Did you re-paint?

Edited to add... I forgot Nugget! LOL.

Last edited: Jan 30, 2011
  4. M To The Maxx

M To The Maxx Baseball+Girls=Life

Jul 24, 2009
    Lutz,FL
    Beautiful pics speckledhen! [​IMG]

5. jojo54

jojo54 Chillin' With My Peeps

Aug 24, 2009
    BC Canada
    Nice pics! Cute chickies!

6. theoldchick

theoldchick The Chicken Whisperer

May 11, 2010
    Beautiful! I love the photo of the rooster holding his foot up and looking back over his shoulder as if to say, "See these spurs? I know how to use them!"

7. speckledhen

No, Nick, both Ivy and Nelda passed away a few months ago, but Gypsy is in the first flock picture on the far right and Tiny is in the 2nd and 3rd pictures below that one. She came from a BBS Ameraucana flock, but has no beard and lays beige eggs, plus has a sight problem. She does okay, though. The blue Ameraucana by herself is Charlotte, Gypsy's mother.

Yes, you can say hello to Suede.

8. mississippifarmboy

mississippifarmboy collects slightly damaged strays

Glad ya'll are finally getting some pretty weather there. Love the pictures of your flock. They all look just a bit spoiled. [​IMG]

9. speckledhen

Quote:A bit spoiled? They're MAJORLY spoiled!

10. halo

halo Got The Blues

Nov 22, 2007
    Florida
    My Coop
    Great pictures, always great to see the homestead. What, no snow???

I did the same this weekend, highs in the 70's, sunny, I finished my grow out pen in the barn, and moved birds all day long. What a job, but they are all in their new spots. Now to count 30 days, and start collecting fertile eggs! Im tired too!

One thing I didnt do is clean out the coop, yours looks so clean and fresh with new shavings.

BackYard Chickens is proudly sponsored by