Support Group for Abused Duck Keepers

Been a crazy day around here
Yesterday I thought I had internal pips as babies were pushing far into the air cell with shadowing. But nope they were just tricking me
Already messing with me ( haha 😂)
But today at 5 pm I for sure had 2 with beaks in the air cell
Now have 3
Oh gosh things are happening
@Isadora maybe we will have babies hatch the same day
I don’t even have the brooder set up yet
Not that it will take to long but still
That’s like a mom waiting till after she gives birth to set up the crib 😆

Been a crazy day around here
Yesterday I thought I had internal pips as babies were pushing far into the air cell with shadowing. But nope they were just tricking me
Already messing with me ( haha 😂)
But today at 5 pm I for sure had 2 with beaks in the air cell
Now have 3
Oh gosh things are happening
@Isadora maybe we will have babies hatch the same day
I don’t even have the brooder set up yet
Not that it will take to long but still
That’s like a mom waiting till after she gives birth to set up the crib 😆
Awh
I had my brooder set up before I even bought eggs lol!!
I'd set it up for my quail hatch, but when I lost them all I left the brooder sitting there looking sad and empty :(
Over a month later Dougie hatched and it was finally put to use!
But only for four days, that brooder was tiny! They ended up taking over my old guinea pig cage when Sprightly hatched- which worked perfectly until they were big enough for my X-pen.

In fact, I had just finished setting up the cage, and Dougie was running around chasing my hand inside it- and at that moment I heard a mighty *crack* from the incubator. And yeah, that was the sound of Sprightly throwing the top of her egg against the incubator wall. Ran over and she was coming out of the shell!
That was an awesome day. She must've heard Dougie having fun and got jealous.

Awh
I had my brooder set up before I even bought eggs lol!!
I'd set it up for my quail hatch, but when I lost them all I left the brooder sitting there looking sad and empty :(
Over a month later Dougie hatched and it was finally put to use!
But only for four days, that brooder was tiny! They ended up taking over my old guinea pig cage when Sprightly hatched- which worked perfectly until they were big enough for my X-pen.

In fact, I had just finished setting up the cage, and Dougie was running around chasing my hand inside it- and at that moment I heard a mighty *crack* from the incubator. And yeah, that was the sound of Sprightly throwing the top of her egg against the incubator wall. Ran over and she was coming out of the shell!
That was an awesome day. She must've heard Dougie having fun and got jealous.
I love watching them hatch out
It’s the best ❤️
I was set up with all my other hatches way early
No external pips yet
I’m really going to need to stay busy today
Or I’ll find myself watching the bator like a tv series on Netflix :)

But one of my friends had a pure yellow lab and she wasn't spayed but was AKC Registered. I'm pretty much 0% knowledgeable about this stuff, though, so not sure how it works.
Oh does this mean that my friend's dog was AKC without other complications because of this?
She probably bought her from a breeder and got full registration which is actually hard to get on a lot of retrievers nowm

I am really thinking ducks can hear beyond well
I have been noticing when I go from main level to my basement and shut the door by the time I get down there my drake that always has to run to see me is running from the far side of the yard to the basement patio door
That little turd knows where I am at all times
I can’t even do laundry anymore without him finding me 😂
Although it does warm my heart he loves me so much. Or maybe he is just demanding treats

Back
Top Bottom