supposed to be blck copper marans

sueandthe6

Songster
8 Years
May 18, 2014
southeast Pa
if the woman was correct when I got these two they are about 5 weeks old. Very feathered legs so assuming the French version if it is what they are. She thought one and one- and I am thinking I agree. the "roo" is feisty already. grrrrrrr thanks in advance for your thoughts.

thinking this is the roo with a waddle developing?

Hi there, I'm really sorry, but the coloring is completely wrong for it to be a black copper marans. Black copper marans when pullets have black bodies and a little bit of copper in the neck hackles. Roosters again have a black body with copper hackles and saddles. Neither of them would have the brown all over like this bird does :(

no need to be sorry- I have been looking at pics since I brought them home and nothing I found looked like these. I just bought batteries today so finally got pics. Not at all surprised that they aren't what she told me they were. adopted from a shelter anyway so no expectation of much- just hoping for at least one hen. :)

Hi there, I'm really sorry, but the coloring is completely wrong for it to be a black copper marans. Black copper marans when pullets have black bodies and a little bit of copper in the neck hackles. Roosters again have a black body with copper hackles and saddles. Neither of them would have the brown all over like this bird does
sad.png
x2

Back
Top Bottom