Supposed to be cream legbar, but...

CCL mix.

I would expect to see dark skin, at least sparse feathers on legs/feet, or even an extra toe if it had Silkie in the mix.

CCL mix.

I would expect to see dark skin, at least sparse feathers on legs/feet, or even an extra toe if it had Silkie in the mix.
Not all silkie crosses have those features.
20200718_154259.jpg
20200822_152928.jpg

No, but both of those have sparse feathers on their legs and the one has dark skin.
Yes, but not all have those traits. Some only show one thing, or the other.

I do see some crest feathers starting to grow on the legbar cross. We can always wait, for an update on the chicks growth, so we know 100% what the cross is.

I'm standing by my guess though.

I purchased two chicks a couple of weeks ago, they are supposed to be cream legbar, but their combs are definitely not single combs. The lady I got them from hatched the eggs, but they were acquired from someone else. I mentioned maybe some eggs got mixed up or a cross happened, but she claimed she saw the parents and was even able to auto-sex them when they hatched. I’m not sure about the last statement because judging by the size and color of the comb on one of them compared to the other, I’m fairly certain it’s a little roo. Can anyone help me identify what I might have or tell me what kind of comb they have? They are roughly 5 weeks old and the pictures I’m posting are of the suspected roo. Any help is appreciated!
I have just encountered an expert on Creme Legbars @BlackWatchLady. Maybe she can tell you all about quality Creme Legbars.

Back
Top Bottom