Supposed to be cream legbar, but...

NatJ

Crowing
Mar 20, 2017
USA
An Easter egger would make sense if they got the eggs mixed up, but do they typically have a walnut comb?
Typically, no.
There is no standard of appearance for Easter Eggers, but pea combs are more common than other comb types among them.

thatgirlmaude

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2020
These are my three easter eggers,
Do you know if the fluffy cheeks are pretty prevalent in Easter eggers? We have two and I compared their combs to the little chicks because I thought possibly they could at least be mixed, but every Easter egger I’ve seen has fluffy cheeks and I don’t know if mixing with another breed would affect that.

thatgirlmaude

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2020
I went back and really looked at the pictures again I think maybe I took lavender for bluish or gray from here?
The legbar? He’s got some whitish gray on him, but it’s only a slight gray tint. We have lavender orpingtons, I can try to get a photo of him with one of them tomorrow if they will stay still long enough, I’m not sure how obvious the difference will be in photos but there’s definitely a difference in person.

thatgirlmaude

In the Brooder
Aug 30, 2020
Could it be a Bielefelder cross? The color looks similar to mine.
I’m not familiar with the breed, but I just looked and the colors are spot on! Definitely a cross of some sort, so this is as good a guess as any right now. Thank you :)

dbtcowgirl

Songster
Jun 3, 2020
I’m not familiar with the breed, but I just looked and the colors are spot on! Definitely a cross of some sort, so this is as good a guess as any right now. Thank you :)
I know that they look very similar as hatchlings, so it's a definite maybe lol

NatJ

Crowing
Mar 20, 2017
USA
Do you know if the fluffy cheeks are pretty prevalent in Easter eggers? We have two and I compared their combs to the little chicks because I thought possibly they could at least be mixed, but every Easter egger I’ve seen has fluffy cheeks and I don’t know if mixing with another breed would affect that.
"Easter Egger" just means it's supposed to lay blue or green eggs--they already tend to be somewhat mixed.

A lot of Easter Eggers are wanna-be Ameraucanas, so they often have fluffy cheeks. But they don't always have them. The last time I ordered some, I got 4 with fluffy cheeks and 1 without.

Yes, crossing Easter Egger with something increases the chance of getting one without the fluffy cheeks.

Top Bottom