SUPRISING CUTE OR UNUSUAL THINGS MY CHICKS or /CHICKENS DO

Roxannemc

Songster
7 Years
Mar 30, 2012
SE Missouri
Thought id start a thread just on behavior of chicks or chickens that is either cute surprising or unusual. for any one who sees their chicken do something and wants to relate to chicken people what they saw...since nobody else cares.

Ive hatched chicks for quite a few. years . had not seen this before.... The thing i didnt know and suprised me today was..
.This morning i heard a rucus in my chick brooder room
My FOUR 2 1/2 week old silkies were running around the brooder like crazy willy nilly it seemed peep peep peeping.I added food thinking it was that... but no when i looked closer i realized one had a tiny piece of newspaper in its mouth and the other 3 really thought he had something great and were chasing him for it
.I picked him up thinking he might swallow it and he dropped it then another stole it as it dropped and the game went on......A few minutes later another chick tore off a bigger piece and they played the same game.... A real GAME!!

I have seen my grown chickens get something the others wanted and chase.but had no idea this behavior would start this young ..

Not only that i think they were doing it for a real GAME since the second took a bigger piece and the game went on.They knew it wasnt food .Really suprised me to heck.
jumpy.gif

Last edited:
I took my buff orps out in the yard at 2wks old and one of them actually caught a cricket and they all went crazy!!! They chased the bigger one that had the cricket all over the place it was so funny! I had no idea they could kill bugs this young. But I am new to all of this.

Back
Top Bottom