Surprise, Surprise! 49 Chicks and 3 Ducks Arrived Friday!

How interesting! Can't wait to see what arrives. I can say my shipment from Cackle was shipped on Wednesday and arrived on Friday. (Last year).

oooo how exciting, i am anxious for your dad now i can't wait to hear what he gets! how fun :) i wish i had more space to do that. I think it would feel like an adventure
wink.png

I just received an e-mail a little while ago from Cackle Hatchery informing me that the chicks have been sent. The leap-year birds are on the way.
smile.png

My father doesn't use a computer, so that is why I ordered the chicks for him.

Now I find out what's in the surprise.
smile.png

The one person on that thread mentioned Cackle Hatchery's surprise was 45 chickens, plus turkeys and ducks. If that is what they ship, then the hatchery wasn't kidding when they said they guarantee a bargain.

I was thinking it would be around 50 chicks, but I wasn't sure if other types of birds would be included. I suppose the birds they ship are whatever is available on the shipping date.

My father has a big pond, so ducks or geese would be nice. Maybe he will have a turkey for next Thanksgiving. As long as they aren't all cockerels, my father will be happy with them. My father only has three hens and a rooster now, so things are about to change.
smile.png

So should ducks, geese, and turkeys each be put in a separate brooder?

I would think a turkey or a goose could hurt the chicks.

big_smile.png

Hopefully my father won't receive any killer bantam roosters or turkeys.
smile.png

As an adult, I don't think you have to worry about running away from a turkey. I can see how a small child would be afraid of a turkey or a goose. But I don't think you have to be afraid of turkeys.

He was chased by a bantam rooster? A bantam rooster weighs about 2 pounds.
smile.png

My father wouldn't mind a few other types of birds besides chickens. But I am sure all or most of these birds will be chickens.

I am pretty confident that my father will have a rainbow of colors soon.
My husband was chased by a bantam rooster when he was 6! While you are right Bullitt a banty roo does weigh about 1-2 lbs they can be meaner than a snake! I had to cull a Barred Old English bantam rooster after he had terrorized my other chickens and flogged me in the face! The roosters no matter there size can and will be a mean son of a well you get the picture!

I just checked the tracking. It states that the package has left Springfield, MO. I am guessing that is where the United States Postal Service's regional distribution center is located.

But it states that the package will arrive by March 3. That is Saturday.
sad.png

I was hoping the chicks would arrive Thursday, or Friday at the latest.

Back
Top Bottom