Taking Games Jokes and Fun out of Recent Posts Listing?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Quote:
Yes I Completely agree! I really do like the games section and so do others of hundreds of people, but for those that are annoyed by looking and seeing how many people enjoy the games, then I think you should just take it off the 'recent posts' section...
hit.gif
But PLEASE I ask you don't take it out ENTIRELY!

Quote:
No one said to get rid of them, just remove them from Recent Posts... if you have slow internet like I do, it's also a very painful process to wait for page after page to load when all you see is silly stuff.

Aye.

Quote:
No one has suggested getting rid of anything for good. It's merely a question of freeing the Recent Posts page for more chicken oriented topics.

I agree that the GJ&F section OR the 'Social' subforum (as justbugged keeps bringing up) could be removed from the Recent Post.

Some other forum I go to has:

Recent (Topic of forum post)

All Recent Post, (including off topic forum)

as two different choices...

Or Show forum Hide forum capabilities ...

Just a compromise or so. It was also mentioned before.

I think people are missing the point. BYC has moved beyond just a place where people just talk chickens, it's also a place where people catch up and chat with each other. It's like being a member of the VFW or the Elks or Lions. If all that was ever talked about was strictly "business" there would be very few members of any of these organizations. I agree that it can be a pain sifting through all the posts to find your favorites, but I'm going to tell you something. I lost my 9 year old daughter the day after Thanksgiving last year to an undiagnosed heart problem. I don't mind looking through all these posts so much anymore.

Nifty, what about a compromise of sorts.....

If each member had the capability to have say, up to 3 sections show up in recent posts, would that be a programming nightmare?

Say Suzie Eggseller wanted the Hatching Chicken Eggs, the Announcements and the Breeds and Genetics forums in her recent posts only and Gerald Gameplayer wanted only the Games forum in his recent posts and maybe Della Drama only wanted the Random Ramblings and Family Section to show up in hers.

Is that doable?

If that's doable it would be wonderful! I DO NOT want the Games to go away, for those who are worried. NO ONE has said that. Don't panic, read the thread before you leap to a conclusion.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Back
Top Bottom