thai chickens

shalu2

In the Brooder
12 Years
Mar 30, 2007
anyone know a hatchery farm in the U.S.A that hatch thai chicks for sale? I want to raise them.

Google search for shamomans web site. He sells thai chicks as well as a few other Oriental breeds. I have just recently purchased my first pair of Thai fowl, awesome birds....

Delir.jpg

Ha, that is a nice pair. I like your cock.

Thanks for the compliments, I can't wait to start hatching eggs outta these...my pullet has started laying so it won't be long now...

Quote:
ha, you sell chicks, I'm intersted...

I don't quite have a so call "farm", but I do raise Thai Chickens. I'm in the Twin Cities of Minnesota. Where are you? How many chicks are you looking to buy or would you consider a pair of older chickens? Let me know, I may be able to help you out.

What a handsome fella! I just looked on feathersite.com to read more about the breed. Not enough information listed to satisfy my curiosity. Would you care to share more about their temperament, laying ability, etc. How big is that rooster compared to a rooster of a popular breed--maybe a RIR or buff orpington?

Feathersite.com did provide this one hatchery's link:
http://www.geocities.com/xyoojaviaries/

Thanks for posting your picture, prairiechicken.
Stephanie

Last edited:
This guy is probably close to 10 pounds, larger than RIRs, but some strains come smaller. Just is around a year old. Like OEGs they were originally bred for the pit, but have found quite a following by showers and fanciers around the world. They are pretty calm compared to other fowl I have raised. Not great layers, but do lay some light brown eggs in hatching season, just tend to get broody after laying a nest full. My pullet is just coming of age and is not laying well yet, but she has started, if I can get some chicks I'll post some pics.

Here are some websites to check out for info;

www.crowinghillsfarm.com (just getting their new site up and going, will have fowl for sell next year...have seen some of their old pics, raise great birds.

http://www.angelfire.com/clone/shamomansfowl/photos.html (Shamomans fowl, sells chicks n eggs)

You might want to check out the Brazilians, same body style, all sorts of colors. A great reference for all Orientals, (longcrowers, longtails, etc.) is the book "Oriental Gamefowl" by Horst W. Schmudde. A little pricy since they are only printed to order, but chocked full of all the pics and info you'll need on all the Oriental breeds from bantams to the big shamos. Hope this helps, let me know if ya got any other ?s I might be able to help with...

That was a good post, prariechiken. I love that long-legged look. I'm afraid that if I had any of these, they would be stolen...if you get my drift.
Stephanie

Back
Top Bottom