Thank you for the tarp suggestion/pics #17

THANK YOU THANK YOU!!!!
Am ordering a clear tarp today from tarp cover sales! Very reasonable and free shipping!
Ayda

Quote:
I ordered from tarpcover sales.com The clear tarps were on sale and had free shipping. Great deal.

I just ordered one also from Tarpcover sales. Pretty reasonable and free shipping too.

I just ordered onw also from Tarpcover.com You should get a kick back from all your sales! I was wondering what I could do to stop the rain from coming in the sides. Thanks for the suggestion!

BTW, I ended up buying the ball bungee tie downs on Amazon for $9.13 with free shipping (Amazon prime)
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000G76PLA/ref=oh_o00_s00_i00_details

The 16x16 tarp I ordered from Tarpcoversales. com had free shipping, but they were going to charge $11+ shipping to add in the $10 worth of 6" tie downs.
hmm.png

I finally can sleep at night now and not worry about what I haven't secured enough to keep a raccoon from getting into the run. Hardware cloth was a must when I had the coop/run built two months ago, but then I got to thinking a raccoon might be able to pull it loose somewhere, so the screws and washers solved that problem since they are installed every 8 inches the length and height of the run which is 12' x 6'. I have a keyed hasp lock on the two doors into my raised coop, and another type key lock on the nesting boxes, and also another hasp type lock in addition to a slide lock on the people door to the run. Am I paranoid or what?

Ha! so I'm not the only one who wakes up in the middle of the night with visions of racoons with super powers figuring out ways to break into my chicken coop...

I too have used the clear plastic on the run in winter with good results, and the price is right too. Then when it comes down it can be reused for covering garden crops on chilly nights.​

I used the regular tarps to cover the top my chicken house/yard. Hopefully, I got it slanted enough for the water to run off, and not pool on top in places and bend the fencing down!! After reading these posts, I think I should try clear plastic/tarp next time. It is too dark in there, and the grass can't grow (don't think it has a chance anyway with the chickens scratching!!) Also, I think it's good for sunlight to shine in there!! I lock the chickens up at night in wire cages, and I want them to keep dry, so the tarp goes down on 1 side.

Back
Top Bottom