Thanksgiving Hatchalong

I didn't see this thread until after I posted another November Hatch-A-Long. Hope it is ok to join since no one has yet joined mine. I don't have any eggs but I do have quail and chicken. I wasn't going to hatch any more eggs until spring but Hubby is upset with his pickled quail egg recipe and said I could hatch this current bunch 22 quail eggs. Since, I was going to hatch the quail eggs I thought I would throw in the 9 chicken eggs I collected the other day as well. I have set all the eggs today (my b-day) So, the hatch will be over long before Thanksgiving. Since, we usually go out of town to visit family for the day we wouldn't be here for the hatch. Besides, if I am in full turkey-coma mode I would miss the hatch anyway. Lol! Maybe next year I will be able to raise my own turkeys. There is a local breeder who has Royal Palm turkeys Although, I have been wanting Bourbon Red turkeys I just love me some turkey.
LL
Happy birthday and welcome!!! Hatch whatever you like =] can't wait to hear all about everyone's sets =] I love me some turkeys too, none of the eggs I got last time hatched ={ where's local for you? Royal Palm are my favorite.

Well, I just put 36 eggs in the incubator minutes ago.

Day 18 will be Nov 15th, and day 21 will be Nov 18th.

Now it's just a waiting game. :D

Put my second set in the bator 9 days ago. I have had 2 early deaths,and 2 not fertil, but all seems to be fine with the rest of the peepers. Excited about the new plymouth rock crosses!

Just finishing up my October hatch a long. I still have 3 eggs in the box, I'm holding out on them til tonight when it will be officially 24 hours past hatch day. I wasn't going to hatch again until spring but I got some welsummer eggs from a local farmer for this past hatch and only got hens so no breeding possibilities since I don't have a roo to go with them. She has offered to start collecting today for me so I'll be setting again in 10 days!

Just a couple of days until lock down for me. I have 9 pekin bantam chicken eggs out of 12 growing nicely. We're very excited about our new babies. Fingers crossed for a successful hatch.

Well my flat of test hatch eggs is down to a dozen so it looks like some fluffy butts need some feather adjusting to increase fertility. Don't think any silky, Cochin or Brahma eggs were fertile =\ but collecting more anyways.

Back
Top Bottom