The 7th Annual BYC Easter Hatch-A-Long!

These are on display at my bank. Aren't they gorgeous? I love the one of the barns. They are all made by the same lady.
bow.gif

I wanted to share something totally unrelated to the HAL but my kids and I went outside and built a snowman today and my youngest in red came up with the idea of giving the snowman a pet chicken LOL

Help me!!! I've got
1f423.png
on the
1f469-1f3fd.png
1f448-1f3fb.png
.... I woke up at 3am just to make sure my dream about finding 30 pairs of little
1f440.png
watching me from incubator on day 19 was just a dream. Then I fell back to sleep just to dream I was IN the egg about to hatch.
1f602.png
1f602.png
1f602.png
I've lost my mind.

Spent some time out in the coops today, trying to get a flapping photograph. No luck with anything worthy, but I did snap these...

The peafowl looking at me laying on the ground of the pen, thinking "why are you so crazy?"

I cannot keep up at all! I'm pages and pages behind.

@chattery41 Cathy, I am glad you discovered you had a bad appendicts before it ruptured! Hope for a speedy recovery. Careful toting water to our flock!
hugs.gif

My Ecoglow brooder plate failed last night. It was about 60 degrees in the room and the chicks were one day old. I lost 3 of them.
hit.gif
I was able to revive the rest with warm water and a premier one plate that wasn't in use. This is another first for me. That thing should still be under warranty so I am going to be calling about that.

I figure I have time for one more set of eggs before the Easter Hatch along and my shipped eggs come. This will be my 3rd test hatch since deciding to do the hatch along...I would have not known the brooder plate was bad except for the test hatch...Yeah, that's the story I will tell...All of these "test" chickens are necessary to check out the equipment...
idunno.gif

Got to go get distilled water.
yesss.gif
I can't keep up either. So sorry about your lost chicks.
hugs.gif
I bet it is the transformer that blew on the EcoGlow. They are not good in low temps. If Brinsea won't replace it, I can tell you where to get a new one for much less than Brinsea wants, thanks to @ronott1 !
yesss.gif

@Chaos18 Congratulations on winning the sign!

I've got 3 so far and several pipped!!! I'm so happy!!!
263a.png
1f643.png
1f642.png
1f60a.png
Congratulations!
clap.gif

Oh no ! I'm so sorry
hit.gif
hugs.gif
I think these plates need to come with an alarm so we know when it quits ! If we're gonna pay for the things anyway i would pay a couple extra $'s for some kind of alarm. Good luck with the warranty, ask them about replacing ur chicks too.
barnie.gif

@chattery41 I hope you are feeling better soon. Great idea for the alarm!

I made my own waterer for above the EcoGlow. I have been using it for over a year and would never go back to an open water source. It keeps the brooder so much drier and cleaner. The chicks take to it right away.

Back
Top Bottom