the anticipation is killing me! *The wait is over*

Blue Skys

Hi Mom!!
11 Years
Nov 25, 2008
Texas
barnie.gif

When will they start to lay. I am going crazy! I check their coop, nesting boxes, favorite tree, the dog house, the little patch of woods... I check everywhere they like to hang out, everyday, just waiting for the glimpse of the first egg!! I am trying to be patient but it is killing me. The youngest ones are 19 weeks and the oldest are 21 weeks, some of them have very red combs and I know it is just a matter of time.

The other day one of them stood at the door of the coop hollering, I just knew there would be an egg when I went to look. Nope, no egg.
hu.gif

Last edited:
I'm in the same boat. Every day I hope for even just one egg. NO! I don't think it's too much to ask for. My BA is doing the squat thing when I go to pick her up. I know she will lay soon. But when????????????????????

They're stingey, I tell you! STINGEY!

They can't keep them eggs in there forever!......Can they??? Ha! Ha!
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif
lau.gif
gig.gif

i feel your pain , my 12 new pullets are 19 weeks. and 6 of the red sex links look ready to lay anytime red combs and wattles and big to. and one of them squatted the other day when i touched her i look every day for that first egg
big_smile.png

Me too! Me too!

My little two are going to begin laying anytime and I find myself re-checking the calendar and counting how many weeks old they are . . . .just in case I got it wrong the last thousand times I checked!! LOL!

I came home last night to my first egg!! I am so eggcited!!
big_smile.png

I took a picture, so now I just have to upload it to show everyone!
It was about half the size of a large store bought egg. It's so cute!
I'm so proud!!

wee.gif
celebrate.gif
ya.gif
clap.gif
bun.gif
jumpy.gif
D.gif
yippiechickie.gif
woot.gif

19 weeks, 2 days. Not that I'm counting. I sit in the run with them in the evenings and tell them what they're supposed to do, but no one is listening yet
tongue.png

Back
Top Bottom