Pics
5D95DAB6-EE94-444B-8552-B90A69A17D8D.jpeg

22 aseel crosses in the incubator.

OK yall, here it is, as promised, my more extended evaluation of my guys. Note, of of them no longer lives on my property, it's probably the hardest decision I had to make in all of my years of chicken keeping. OK, so I will show you the two males and my reasoning behind breeding or not each male. One of them is a red based, the one I had to give, and the one I was more attached to, so you can understand that it was hard for me to let him go. The other bird is my large black based male, the one I'm keeping

Here we go! Let's start with the red male. He was immediately taken out of the breeding program, because of a leg issue that seems to be genetic, his one leg seems to be weak, and turn to the side, something that is unacceptable for an aseel, since they use their strong legs for fighting. Some other things I don't like about him, his comb is a weird mix, looks like a bengum mixed with a walnut comb, he also has big wattles, and is smaller in size than I'd like. He also is a little more poofy than the other one. Now, things I LOVE about him. His eye color is perfect, so is his temperament. He's extremely human friendly, yet could beat a grown hen at 3-4 months old. I also like his tail placement. Here is him

Attachments

• 20221222_150152.jpg
    20221222_150152.jpg
    655 KB · Views: 13
OK moving on with the guy I'm keeping. I don't like his wattles. That's my main thing with him, I want to get rid of his small wattles. Another thing of mine, I like his tail placement, but I don't like the fact that when he stands, it doesn't go up, but it doesn't stay in a straight line with his body. Also I don't love his eye color, but they're still an accepted color so it's fine. Things I love about him. He's definitely way taller, his build is much better, more muscular, with strong legs, and a long, strong neck. His comb is fine, ideally I'd get it a tad smaller in the second generation. His feathers do not give him a poofy appearance, and they sit very well on him. His head is nice and strong, with a large beak. His feather quality is also great, soft to the touch, yet very durable. And here's him

Attachments

• 20221222_145310_1.jpg
    20221222_145310_1.jpg
    814.3 KB · Views: 11
  • 20221222_145407.jpg
    20221222_145407.jpg
    847.8 KB · Views: 9

Back
Top Bottom