The EE braggers thread!!!

I love our EEggers!! I have tried the whole color sexing thing but I am a dork and am not soaking it in!!! Could be I am tired too!!

Just one of our 9 week old EE! I am guessing he is a He!!! If so, I will probably keep him as the main rooster! I am thinking of doing a Black Jersey Giant rooster to an EE hen, but it depends on the number of ee hens I have. My goal as of now is to have 4 small chicken tractors to keep a few hens and a roo in each one! This is not only help mow the yard cheaper but keep some of the breeds straight if I hatch chicks. I dont know yet.

Just a mix of our chicks enjoying the Indiana weather. A few EEs, two of our JG chicks, a PR chick, and a Barred Rock roo.

I am wondering how hatcheries can sell chicks as Amerucanas or Acuaranas if they are not true? Isn't this false advertising? Just curious!! Love all of the Pictures on this thread, such amazing colors and stories

It's false advertising yes but few people care. Only those who have the real thing or those who are aware of the truth really care about it, so, the rest let it continue by either not caring, being upset that someone dare call their bird a mutt, or just trusting a profiting business over someone who's worked with chickens on a much more personal level for years, or, for some, less than years. Still, big difference between a chick factory and a passionate hobbyist/breeder/owner.

Parmom's chick is a boy, Renegade Rescue's chick is a boy, JustAnotherAlex's chick is a girl.

I meant to, but I didn't.
wink.png
They'll be 5 weeks old on Monday. Can you explain to this newb why you think boy?
78Vette-nice chicks!
And I love the blue Easter eggers!
That comb is pretty big for a girl his age, a girls would have a flat almost non existent look. The colors being brighter red then brownish orange, and being more splotchy less uniform. You have a pic w/ two one female and him almost side by side, notice the comb diff. between the two.

My EE roo just started growing bilateral tufts. Is this common? He also has only two tail feathers. He is the normal EE roo color of wheat head and neck with rust shoulders. He has the slate legs. Is he a first generation EE that just happens to have more Araucana traits that usual?

It's false advertising yes but few people care. Only those who have the real thing or those who are aware of the truth really care about it, so, the rest let it continue by either not caring, being upset that someone dare call their bird a mutt, or just trusting a profiting business over someone who's worked with chickens o n a much more personal level for years, or, for some, less than years. Still, big difference between a chick factory and a passionate hobbyist/breeder/owner.

Parmom's chick is a boy, Renegade Rescue's chick is a boy, JustAnotherAlex's chick is a girl.
Thank You, I figured He was a boy! I love mutts and oddballs. That is why I love my husband!!!!
lau.gif
just joking!!! I am just disheartened that some breeders are down right rude to people who think they are getting one thing and it is not what they thought! Educate, not discrimantion in my opinion!

Also, a Big HAPPY MOTHER'S DAY TO ALL OF YOU!!!

Ran into quite the snob yesterday. I had some lavender splits for sale and her daughter commented that they only had PURE birds.... she assumed because I was at a chicken sale I only had EE.... They showed chickens and were bragging how much they got for her PURE birds..... really do you have to be that way.

By the end of the conversation and after mentioning I got a Wheaten Am roo from Newnan she took my Business card.... might need some new blood. I love both my EE and my AMs but I am not snobby about it..... I have both for different reasons.

I had posted to the Ameraucana thread to see if our birds were Ameraucana or EE and of course someone was nice and did say they were EE but someone else commented to go to the History of Ameraucana and put a laughing emoticon behind it, made me feel a little put out that rather than help someone or explain no they are not Ameraucana they are EE you are going to put a laughing emoticon. I was nice in my response that I do not show any of our animals so to us it really did not matter (We do have pure bred dogs that we do not show or breed for profit) some peoples kids.

I had posted to the Ameraucana thread to see if our birds were Ameraucana or EE and of course someone was nice and did say they were EE but someone else commented to go to the History of Ameraucana and put a laughing emoticon behind it, made me feel a little put out that rather than help someone or explain no they are not Ameraucana they are EE you are going to put a laughing emoticon. I was nice in my response that I do not show any of our animals so to us it really did not matter (We do have pure bred dogs that we do not show or breed for profit) some peoples kids.

I don't think that was meant to be an insult. She may have just put it there to show she was doing it in a friendly way. To me that Icon is just a big SMILE and not laughing. I know a lot of people get there feeling hurt over on that thread with EE, most also have EE. They get a lot of people posting EE and it make it confusing.... not the posters faults though! It is the sellers selling them as Ams. The confusion come when people with EE read the thread and see birds that look like theirs and ASSUME it is the right thread. I try to lead people over here if they are EE and welcome them.... I don't want to just say they are EE and you need to go away.... I think people do get that feeling and am sorry.
hugs.gif

Back
Top Bottom