The end of an era...

That is really disturbing. People are stealing other peoples' hens and roosters to either sell or eat or get eggs from. There is no title to a bird and no way to trace them.

There is no way i can lock up my barn because theives would just break the locks off. They wont steal from the nursery becuase those birds are less than 6 weeks old. God, I am so sorry for your loss. Not only are your prized possesions gone. You have to be devasated emotionally not knowing the fate of your animals.

The officer could have refrained from what he said, that just made things worse. I dearly love my chickens, they are my hobby, my motive to get up in the morning, My excitement and my sadness.

They are not pets by any means, but they sure are a big part of my life right now.

Wow.....
15239_scratch.gif

That really stinks, so sorry for your loss...Somethings just can't be replaced...I hope by some stroke of luck the rotten scum is caught...

That just makes me livid and I don't think you should take it lying down. Sorry - that's my frustration coming out; I'm not scolding you!! But this would make a huge human interest story in the local paper or tv station, don't you think? You could say you want to alert others to what happened so they can be on guard. The fact that they were from your grandfather's flock in the 1940's is what makes this something worth broadcasting. My heart goes out to you and those poor, poor chickens. I'm so sorry.
sad.png

Everyone, thank you for your kind words and understanding of what was lost. I feel like I let my grandfather down. I know that's not sensible but it's how I feel. And sad. All the coops and runs are up behind the barn and now they are so forlornly empty and quiet that it doesn't even feel like the same place that it was just a few days ago.

Thank you all for being so understanding.

Hugs to you all.

I would do like people said..put up signs syaing rewards for the birds and if a person does bring you your birds call the police. I feel so sorry for you
sad.png

Well someone knows something I would ask for help from the public. That many birds at once at night had to be seen.

Sorry does not cover this, but I sure am sorry this happened to you. Hang in there.

No eggs in the fridge ya could put in the bator?

People steal chickens a lot more than you would believe...

One of my neighbors have lost several this year to two legged predators. Ive talked to her about electrifying her pen. So far I've been ok but then I have a rep for shooting anything that moves.

ep.gif
That is awful, my condolences! Rebelcowboy had my same thought--can you find some eggs to incubate? If you don't have an incubator maybe there is someone else there in Alabama that could help you out! Anyone have some security ideas to implement before you get more chickens--hope you haven't given up on them!

Back
Top Bottom