The Gen Z Thread

Pics
You might not understand different sexualities, but please don't dismiss them. :)

And please don't dismiss mental health like that.
Many people suffered from depression, but there wasn't an official name for the diagnosis or equipment to understand it, back then, so it was ignored.
People were just put in psychiatric hospitals and given electroshock therapy, or told they were being irrational- or even that they were possessed, in some instances.
Our technology, connecting and understanding, has come a very long way since then. Our medicines and doctors have also come a long way since then. Please don't dismiss that.
YESSS :goodpost::goodpost:

Found some cute gifs XD
60D5F278-01E8-46D3-BDE0-EA600C4A2ACF.gif
CEEBCB16-4B11-46E9-8C1E-673263E74A85.gif
2FB95DAE-4F2E-4995-8E16-01736C3EF2AE.gif
E96B8FB2-DF01-4B2B-82B6-AEC481501F26.gif

I'm just going to say that there is NOTHING wrong with labels, they are like magnets, easy to remove! just for anyone out there
Ahh youth, youth thinks because they are in a more scientific categorized labeled world they know more than any generation before, because of course experience is undervalued. Labels are exactly what has this world as it is. Divided and unchanging.
If I have a label, I have an excuse to stay where I am, even if that place may not be as comfortable as I think it is.

Ahh youth, youth thinks because they are in a more scientific categorized labeled world they know more than any generation before, because of course experience is undervalued. Labels are exactly what has this world as it is. Divided and unchanging.
If I have a label, I have an excuse to stay where I am, even if that place may not be as comfortable as I think it is.
you are in the same generation as me :lau

Thats why people who are like that are different. They don't have that drive to BE with somebody. Everybody is different, we all have diffrences. So yes, it makes total sense that a group of people just don't have that desire to be with somebody.

Nobody suffered from depression, because up until the past 5 years, the word depression, or mental illness, was sheltered, ignored. "more" people suffer these days not because we're weak, its because back then, people who suffered, didn't reach out.

"in general life has become easier".. yes, but we don't crumble at the littliest problems. People with depression, or mental illness are chemically unbalanced. My goodness, I'd LOVE to not "crumble at the littliest of problems".. but thats how my brain was wired. Sorry 🤷‍♀️
And by the way, no, you are not wired that way, society made you fall into the wiring.
The beautiful thing we can learn about nature, is that it changes all the time, even genetics change. So as human beings we have the possibility to rewire ourselves as many times as we want.
We just have to let go of what has us where we are.

When I was a teen I used to think I was just wired to be depressed and alone, no one liked me, there was no one like me and I'd possibly end up as an old lady with cats.
Learning to put things into perspective got me out of depression, made me realize that the world wasn't going to change, but I could. And I didn't have to measure my happiness or my success against society or others. I could be whatever I wanted to be and I couldn't just stand by and watch my life go by.

It took a while to get me out of my depressed, insecure she'll to venture to be a happy, secure and accomplished (in my own terms) adult.

GREY aro/ace means-
orientation on the aroace spectrum which describes those who relate with asexuality and aromanticism, yet feel that there are parts of their experience that aren't fully described by the word aroace. Greyaroace can be used as a specific identity, or as an umbrella term for any aroace-spec identity that isn't purely aroace, including demiaroace and others.

A common reason someone may identify as greyaroace is that they experience attraction but very infrequently. Some greyraroace people may only feel attraction once or twice in their life. Others may experience it more frequently, but still not as frequently as allo people.
Thank you for explaining for them! Well explained.

And by the way, no, you are not wired that way, society made you fall into the wiring.
The beautiful thing we can learn about nature, is that it changes all the time, even genetics change. So as human beings we have the possibility to rewire ourselves as many times as we want.
We just have to let go of what has us where we are.

When I was a teen I used to think I was just wired to be depressed and alone, no one liked me, there was no one like me and I'd possibly end up as an old lady with cats.
Learning to put things into perspective got me out of depression, made me realize that the world wasn't going to change, but I could. And I didn't have to measure my happiness or my success against society or others. I could be whatever I wanted to be and I couldn't just stand by and watch my life go by.

It took a while to get me out of my depressed, insecure she'll to venture to be a happy, secure and accomplished (in my own terms) adult.

Ok, Listen.

You can feel depressed. Lots of people have periods of depression. But some people (like me) are clinically depressed and there is no amount of positive thinking that will make it go away.

Back
Top Bottom