The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

I love those too, its the equivilent of Crele here I believe.

Also I posted this on the United Orpington Club forum but ill post it here, its a guide to making a Legbar but can be adapted to making crele. Just replace brown leghorn with a BBR colored bird, and barred rock with Cuckoo orps.

Last edited:
Cute little fatties Roger.
love.gif

HappyMtn, laughing at your post where the geese are concerned. They are not hard. Just remember that they are like cats, that they are in charge and it is up to us to figure out what they want, how they want it and then just do it. They are not hard at all as long as we give up any inclination to be some sort of control freak. They are not like chickens.

Oh no- they are not hard. Its just this time of year when we have a few same-sex couples and I can't tell who is laying what and where and oh my goodness!
I love them to pieces though. If i had to choose one kind of animal to keep - it'd be the geese.

DH moved my babies out of the house this morn. First we moved seven older blue and black chicks down on the ground in a inside pen with lights as they are a very slow feathering grouop. Unforuantely looks like four cockerels all blue and 3 black pullets My other seven I know I have at leasts two boys so far. I always seem to be cockerel Heavy But on a good note. I just heard from the Newnan Ga show that I didn't get to attend and the black cockeerel that took BV was a boy I sold to a friend in Lake City back in Jan.. It thrils my heart that birds from my line consistantly win at shows. I heard they had a good number of Orps shown. Black Blue White, and Buff. Another really nice UOC member won Champion English with Buff Cockerel. I saw his birds in Lake City and they were really nice. He called me this morning to let me know which one won. Congrats to all the winners at the Newnan Ga Show.

Back
Top Bottom