The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Thank you cbnovick and Nellie.
I did have a great time. Today I did something that rarely happens. I layed down on the couch and rested except to check on chicks about three times in the rain. Finally we got a break after about 7 inches.. They were so glad to be able to go outside.
Back to working tomorrow.
We are building new coops in a different area of the yard in the fall and I can't wait. We are going to tear down the old ones. They are much needed.
thumbsup.gif
hope we can get our barn started this fall too..been too long..with all of the flooding in the area, our backhoe is constantly out moving dirt and rocks around for somone else in driveways ect...so hopefully it will calm down this fall and we can get ours started..... a much deserved nap !!

Last edited:
Posting a pic of my lone english Korfus blue orp chick at 3 weeks old standing amongst almost 2 week old Buff Rock chicks. I am thinking cockerel.....HUGE chick...upright stance..thick legs and check out that comb color already. Thoughts on this chick everyone??

Posting a pic of my lone english Korfus blue orp chick at 3 weeks old standing amongst almost 2 week old Buff Rock chicks. I am thinking cockerel.....HUGE chick...upright stance..thick legs and check out that comb color already. Thoughts on this chick everyone??

Very nice looking- and yes I'd say it's a BOY- congrats on this good looking young man!

Looks boyish but sometimes hard to tell. I have a couple of blacks that don't have red combs at all or pronounced combs but I still think boys because of the tails. I have been wrong but sometimes you do have late blooming boys

I just wanted to let everyone know that I listed my first Spangled Orpington chicks up for auction on Rarebreed. I don't think I am allowed to post the link (correct me if I am wrong) but I wanted to post here as several of you had contacted me about purchasing chicks.
I probably will not be auctioning any more until Fall.

Here are some pictures of the proud Papa and his chicks.

wow he is a great looking boy!!!
here is our BBS cockerel that has feathering on his back sort of like yours
he "had" a good tail started till our adult rooster got after him.
the rooster started getting agressive & going after my wife
lets just say that matter has been taken care of :)

Picture011_zps15ac785f.jpg

Last edited:

Back
Top Bottom