The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Do you have any photos of your recent generations?

No, I don't. I actually haven't hatched anything in over a year.

I took a break from breeding after I lost my flock sire, I focused on finishing my BA.

...that said, I'm itching to hatch like never before and will most likely start again in the Springtime.

My girls have been freeloading for too long, they've become too accustomed to the single life.
wink.png

How is your Barred/Laced project coming along?

Who wants to play guess what kind of chick this is? I just got my lavender cuckoos from fancy chick today! There are a couple that are lighter yellow color and I'm not sure what they are. The lavender ones are obviously the lavender cuckoo and the black ones are marans I am guessing, what do you think the lighter yellow ones are?

Hi,
Some of you may remember about 5 or 6 months ago I was so disappointed in this guy I was ready to give him away.
I had no experience with a young roo...Our old roo had done all of the training. Anyway, he hurt the girls, made them scream
It was awful.I received a lot of help from this thread and want to report that I did put him in with some of my old girls for awhile..
an he is a perfect gentleman now.................calm, confident, great with his girls,comes to us and likes to be held.
I am not sure if he has long legs or not enough skirt?????????????
His tail has not grown out from his molt.
The hen is and old 1/2 English out of Joy's breeding...........

Who wants to play guess what kind of chick this is? I just got my lavender cuckoos from fancy chick today! There are a couple that are lighter yellow color and I'm not sure what they are. The lavender ones are obviously the lavender cuckoo and the black ones are marans I am guessing, what do you think the lighter yellow ones are?

It's Lavender Cuckoo
big_smile.png
It will be a little lighter than the others but it is Lavender Cuckoo. Glad they arrive safe and sound. Would love to see pics as they grow.

It's Lavender Cuckoo :D   It will be a little lighter than the others but it is Lavender Cuckoo.  Glad they arrive safe and sound.  Would love to see pics as they grow.
I just realized I'm really going to have to pay attention to tell the difference between the lavender cuckoo and my Isabel cuckoo lol I guess that's what leg bands are for :)

Back
Top Bottom