The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

Well, I have no experience with bantams but with my LF I've always kept humidity at 35%-40% days 1-18 and bump it up to 65% for lockdown. I've always been successful using these levels.
smile.png

Quote:
I don't know anybody who has eggs for sale right now. I know that Jeremy has some started pairs available right now. Roger has just started getting eggs - he might be able to help you out in the near future.

I've got so many babies growing right now I could ship pairs, trios and maybe even quads of young birds!

None of my girls are giving me eggs though, they're either molting or have stopped laying due to the shorter days.

When is the Solstice? I'm ready for longer days. I miss Summertime!
sad.png

Quote:
I don't know anybody who has eggs for sale right now. I know that Jeremy has some started pairs available right now. Roger has just started getting eggs - he might be able to help you out in the near future.

I've got so many babies growing right now I could ship pairs, trios and maybe even quads of young birds!

None of my girls are giving me eggs though, they're either molting or have stopped laying due to the shorter days.

When is the Solstice? I'm ready for longer days. I miss Summertime!
sad.png

Well Jeremy, ship some my way !! LOL. I haven't had an egg in weeks and weeks !!! My girls are finished with their molt, but still not laying again. Winston is still molting, so even if they were laying, nothing would be fertile. Besides which, I don't trim them in the winter - don't want frozen chicken butts !!!

Solstice/Yule is 12/22/2011. I don't miss Summer, but I do miss Spring and Fall. I do need to go find a Yule log and get it decorated this weekend, though. Thanks for the reminder.

Do you think that part English/part American chickens need to have their butt feathers trimmed also for fertile eggs? Does everyone on this thread trim butt feathers?
hmm.png

I want to hatch some of my eggs next spring....

Quote:
I'll let you know in a week. I am putting about 10 eggs in the bator tonight from 50% birds. Prior to collecting, I was using the eggs and they were fertile. I have since trimmed the rooster a bit but not the hens. The eggs I'm about to incubate though are from totally untrimmed rooster and hens. The hens are very fluffy, rooster is still regaining his fluff from molting.

Carolyn

Back
Top Bottom