The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

What a beautiful day here in Ohio! 75 sunny degrees on March 15th! Went out and snapped a few cute pics of some of our crele orp projects for their webpage and thought I would share.
(they are 50% English
big_smile.png
)

He was posing.........or ignoring me I'm not sure which...

OK he's not 50% english But he is pertty
smile.png
(he's the 'other' line)

Lauren is in love>>>>these definitely have potential.

Quote:
What a beautiful day here in Ohio! 75 sunny degrees on March 15th! Went out and snapped a few cute pics of some of our crele orp projects for their webpage and thought I would share.
(they are 50% English
big_smile.png
)

He was posing.........or ignoring me I'm not sure which...

OK he's not 50% english But he is pertty
smile.png
(he's the 'other' line)

Nellie, You are doing a nice job on creating the Crele Orps here. Keep up the good work.

Its a project,they are a little light but the non english cross has a good deep color,and crossing the 2 should be alot better next generation.You have to start somewhere when you start fro scratch.

I totally agree with you. I like the color of the second roo. But, the first one has a very nice type. You are doing great Nellie. Keep the pics coming. We enjoy them!!! Or at least I do.

Rockinpaints they look like Buff x Cuckoo birds, nothing like crele.

Actually this is the sire bred to the Lemon Cuckoo orps to produce this generation of lighter birds, was hoping to build on type. (Top photo is sire and second photo is the son). the next generation I will cross back to the darker version. Unfortunately we currently don't have a lot to work with in the states. Thank you for the input. (Guess I should have posted the previous generation first
smile.png
)

Last edited:
Jeremy, what are they crossed with? What color orps.
I have not seen alot of baby chocs yet, but mine have dark heads
Can someone tell me why some will have light heads like Jeremy's and mine are all one color?
and boy are your new babies DARLING! so glad you posted pics

Last edited:
Kristi, they're crossed to LF Black Orps. My chicks are actually a bit darker overall than what the pictures show, I think the lighting in the photos doesn't show their color that well. That and they're losing a lot of their chick down now as they're growing in new big kid feathers.

You're babies look so sweet and you're photography! I've always loved the way you capture shots.

Last edited:
If your willing to go out of the Orp breed to get the color, I would recommend that you use Welsummers to get the BBR gene or Partridge Wyandotte to get the Partridge gene so you can get the crele color. You cant reach true crele from buff x cuckoo (or lemon cuckoo x cuckoo)

Actually this is the sire bred to the Lemon Cuckoo orps to produce this generation of lighter birds, was hoping to build on type. (Top photo is sire and second photo is the son). the next generation I will cross back to the darker version. Unfortunately we currently don't have a lot to work with in the states. Thank you for the input. (Guess I should have posted the previous generation first
smile.png
)

Back
Top Bottom