The IMPORTED ENGLISH Orpington Thread

4312 Wow Wee! On the lacing!!

I put my 7 week old Orps in with the big guys last night. They are holding their own. I'm going to check again shortly. We really played musical coops, and moved everyone around, separated some Roos who weren't getting along, and I figured it was a good time to integrate the chicks.

And yes, indeed, the Orps sit nicely on the big wheel seat and get paraded around the basement. I will have to take pics next time, normally I just shake my head and
mutter under my breath.
I bet the orps are muttering under their breath too, something like:..."I am so gonna poo on her shoe for not saving us"
lau.gif

Rebel Yell: Here are photos of the babies from you (ignore the orange one in back of any photos...LOL). Oh, I have found that mealworms helps to make fast friends.

Blue, splash and black (and golden comet - she doesn't count in these photos...lol).

Look at the lacing on the feathers...is this good? I think it is pretty.

No heads...but can see feather coloring:

Okay, that is probably enough for now.
They are so pretty. It does my heart good to see so many folks with so many really awesome Orps. It just makes me wonder why everyone doesn't want them.

Xs 4

My lil Orps are not doing as well with the transition, just checked them, they are cowering in the coop -food is in the run. Should I give it another day? Their hatch mates are doing okay in the main egg layer coop, I could move them there. I had hoped to keep the Orps together though.

Roger, there is no such thing as too many pictures from you!!! my lord they are beautiful..Im just in love with the bottom picture bird nearest in forground..its like candy seeing your birds..you could fill a page and we would never get tired of it..its been too long since we have seen your birds.

Roger, there is no such thing as too many pictures from you!!! my lord they are beautiful..Im just in love with the bottom picture bird nearest in forground..its like candy seeing your birds..you could fill a page and we would never get tired of it..its been too long since we have seen your birds.
Well like I said mine are looking pretty scraggly right now while they are in there molt stage but I got some young ones coming on that are looking good, if I ever get some time off I will post more pic. working 6-7 days a week 12 hours a day gets to you after a while, thanks for the comp. aveca, everybody have a good day.

Back
Top Bottom