"The invasion" i guess they are pests?

Elmochook

Songster
Nov 21, 2017
Central/east TX
Ive posted about the neighbor chickens that wander all over my yard all day long and roost in my trees... Theres about 4 roosters and maybe 3 hens. One of the roosters abandoned the flock and joined my 2 oldest girls the others just eat any scraps I drop i suppose.
My question is does anyone have experience with sharing yard with joining flocks? In the spring is my yard gonna be a blood bath with all these stags around?

Excuse the poor pic its foggy and i aint runnin in the wet for better pics lol

Attachments

• 20171218_082755.jpg
    20171218_082755.jpg
    358 KB · Views: 30
Honestly, I would complain to your neighbors. They aren't your chickens, but I guarantee they're eating your feed.
And I don't have any experience with Roos, but based upon what I've read here, at any time in the year, your gonna have a blood bath. The one roo is trying to steal your girls and make his own flock, and the others will fight him for them. I'd seriously complain. It would be like the neighbor's dog coming in and hanging out in your yard all the time, eating your dog's food, and mating with them.

Honestly, I would complain to your neighbors. They aren't your chickens, but I guarantee they're eating your feed.
And I don't have any experience with Roos, but based upon what I've read here, at any time in the year, your gonna have a blood bath. The one roo is trying to steal your girls and make his own flock, and the others will fight him for them. I'd seriously complain. It would be like the neighbor's dog coming in and hanging out in your yard all the time, eating your dog's food, and mating with them.
Ugh they do eat my feed

chicken soup? Honestly, if they are on your land, possession is 9/10 of the law, if they don't have PROOF that the chickens are theirs, then they are yours, you feed them, they poop in your yard, sounds like your birds. Also, free range chickens go missing for MANY reasons, so if they start vanishing 1 or 2 at a time, well, maybe they were drawing in predators...

My neighbors dont speak English and i prefer not to try because the son is a sexual offender...

I wish i lived on a private island... I dont do well with confrontation.

I understand, both of these... I wish I lived even more off in the woods, so I didn't have to deal with neighbors at all.
That said, I'd go to animal control. They can deal with the aspect of dealing with the neighbors. I'd also find out from them what your rights are after the complaint. If their animals keep showing up, if you can make a chicken pot pie from any you personally don't want to adopt...

Back
Top Bottom