The Old Folks Home

Why would you have a fire?

Laundry fires are usually because
1. You didn't clean the lint put if the trap/hoses/ or exhaust

Or

2. You are washing and drying a rag soaked in fuel of some kind.

Both reasons for fire have little to do with the age of the machines.... unless you only clean out the lint when you replace the drier.... so. Pull out the drier now, pull the hose off the wall, clean it out, clean the port on the outside if the house... figure out how to clean it from one end to the other. Then take the drier apart, just enough to clean out the tube/duct that starts at the lint trap and ends where it exits the machine. It is true with an old machine those can get pretty full.

But... once that is all clean... you are good.
Yep, I now get mine cleaned once a year. It's unreal, all of that thick, thick lint!

Still cold here. Getting real old real fast
February is coming next Tuesday. After that is March, after that is spring and it will be warmer :)

I'm supposed to be writing a side story for our HAM club's news letter about my chicken addiction.
I truly hope you print it in Morse Code!!!

our next fridge will be one with the freezer on the bottom.
We only buy bottom freezer. I know they aren't quite as efficient as a top freezer but I like to be able to see the food in the fridge without getting down on my knees.

Dh can't swallow pills☹️
:(
chewable?

Guess I should do the dryer next. The duct is cemented to the wall but I think I can loosen it from the dryer if I can pull it away from the wall.
Given all the danger and incidences of dryer lint fires it truly amazes me that they are not made in a fashion that makes cleaning the hose EASY.

First, WHY is the outlet WAY at the bottom? And often in the middle. There is NO WAY anyone could clean out the hose without pulling the machine out, WAY out if it is in an alcove. And like @Alaskan said, the hose is likely to get damaged when you shove the machine back in. And BECAUSE it is in that location, the hose HAS to be long which just increases the amount of lint that will get stuck in it.

They should be make with the outlet at the TOP and there should be some sort of door to access the hose so it can be cleaned out either with a long brush or a vacuum. People would very likely clean them with some frequency IF it were easy to do.

Penny, I'm so sorry.:hugs Can't blame you. Any way you can figure out who's dogs did the deed? Show up on their front door step, ring the doorbell and hand him your dead hens along with a bill. Tell him, his/her dogs killed them, now they are theirs and they owe you X number of dollars. Plus I'd have the authorities on their backs.

Still cold here. Getting real old real fast but at least we now have a path going up to the chicken coop that is free of ice and snow which does make things a bit easier.

I ordered two tins of Royal Dansk butter cookies and am pricing cup heaters. Will pick them up next week.

I'm supposed to be writing a side story for our HAM club's news letter about my chicken addiction. Supposed to be short....well that's going to be a challenge, LOL. Maybe....Me love chickens...the end.:gig
How about... must...have...more...chicks!

Back
Top Bottom