Thanks for the advice! I was hoping for a male great pyrenees, but I doubt I'll be lucky enough to find a trained, grown or almost grown GP, so I'll probably end up starting with a puppy. Which is why I'll wait until at least fall if that's the case, because I REALLY don't want try and train a LGD in the heat of summer.

Plus, that's when we are super busy with work. Winter is our off season, so I legitimately haven't worked in like three months. I'm thinking that would be a good time for me to take on new projects before late spring and summer ramps up.

I did see an 18 month old (I think) GP on Craigslist that someone was rehoming, but they never emailed me back, so who knows what the deal was there.
Be careful with people trying to rehome. They are alot of dog to handle and majority of rehomers are those that can't handle them. So the dog is normally a mental mess and can be dangerous. They do not like change. But seeking out a trainer experienced with LGD can definetely get you on track. They can be wonderful so long as you remember they think more like a cat than a dog.

Be careful with people trying to rehome. They are alot of dog to handle and majority of rehomers are those that can't handle them. So the dog is normally a mental mess and can be dangerous. They do not like change. But seeking out a trainer experienced with LGD can definetely get you on track. They can be wonderful so long as you remember they think more like a cat than a dog.

Yeah, you're right. I don't think I know enough or trust anyone enough to take on their possible problem pup.

Oh the pondering just won't stop! I went to the training class, chatted with the trainer, and I'm still confused on what I think is best.

Assuming the dog doesn't show aggression, I'm confident I could work with her. I'm just concerned about the kid's and dog's safety.

The trainer suggested asking for a trial period. Gave me some pointers on behavior to watch for when I meet her. Also some suggestions on how I should act to help feel her out. She explained some stuff about her class too.

Lots to think about...

Strange fact about her. She won't eat good quality food. Turns her nose at it. He mentioned 4 brands (including the one we use) he tried and she won't eat them.

Oh the pondering just won't stop! I went to the training class, chatted with the trainer, and I'm still confused on what I think is best.

Assuming the dog doesn't show aggression, I'm confident I could work with her. I'm just concerned about the kid's and dog's safety.

The trainer suggested asking for a trial period. Gave me some pointers on behavior to watch for when I meet her. Also some suggestions on how I should act to help feel her out. She explained some stuff about her class too.

Lots to think about...

Strange fact about her. She won't eat good quality food. Turns her nose at it. He mentioned 4 brands (including the one we use) he tried and she won't eat them.
Sounds like a pita to me.
Knowing how head strong Mason has been. . I don't think I'd even wanna attempt it with one someone else has already potentially messed up with.
One thing I've read and noticed to be true with the hounds.
They learn something one time the wrong way and good luck changing it. It's stuck in their head for good!

Sounds like a pita to me.
Knowing how head strong Mason has been. . I don't think I'd even wanna attempt it with one someone else has already potentially messed up with.
One thing I've read and noticed to be true with the hounds.
They learn something one time the wrong way and good luck changing it. It's stuck in their head for good!
🙉🙉 La la la! I can't hear you! 🙉🙉
You bring a good point to the table, and one I am
considering.

🙉🙉 La la la! I can't hear you! 🙉🙉
You bring a good point to the table, and one I am
considering.
That dog is beautiful. .and I would want him too.
But.. It could be another heartbreak waiting to happen if it isn't a good fit. 😔
Just sayin. .
I would definitely take him on a trial basis first.

One time Mason stuck his head in the litter box and barked.
I happened to notice he was out of food at that moment and fed him.
Guess who then decided barking into the litter box gets him fed?
I am still working on breaking him from thinking that.
Man. .you can't make one training mistake with this one or else live to regret it!

One time Mason stuck his head in the litter box and barked.
I happened to notice he was out of food at that moment and fed him.
Guess who then decided barking into the litter box gets him fed?
I am still working on breaking him from thinking that.
Man. .you can't make one training mistake with this one or else live to regret it!

:lau :gig :lau OMG!!!

Back
Top Bottom