I set a trap out for a feral chicken and rooster my neighbor has been trying to catch for months. The rooster goes in front of my wife’s office window every day and irritates her and the dog.
Get a cat

1612036002426.gif

IM baby pictures?
Sadly, no. The babies all died the first night. It was in time to get a credit at the hatchery but they don’t have anything I want right now. I ordered some white layer ducks, 3 of them from Metzer that will ship next week. @WannaBeHillBilly got his there I believe, I read some posts from him about them.

Sadly, no. The babies all died the first night. It was in time to get a credit at the hatchery but they don’t have anything I want right now. I ordered some white layer ducks, 3 of them from Metzer that will ship next week. @WannaBeHillBilly got his there I believe, I read some posts from him about them.
Whoot! What happened with them? Was the package delayed?
So sorry to hear that! :hugs
Yes, i received all my White Layers from Metzer's - afaik they are the only ones carrying this breed. All other offers for White Layers are fulfilled by Metzers.

Whoot! What happened with them? Was the package delayed?
So sorry to hear that! :hugs
Yes, i received all my White Layers from Metzer's - afaik they are the only ones carrying this breed. All other offers for White Layers are fulfilled by Metzers.
Thank you :hugs no delays. I went out to lock up the big ducks, I have the duck house divided in half, and they were all fine but peeping. That’s not unusual. The next morning two were out on the floor dead and one was under the heat plate. I have no idea why. There’s no way the older ducks got to them, and nothing else got into the house either, no visible injuries.
I saw the white layers and the kids really like them since they look like ducks so we got a few of them. Hopefully all girls.
I didn’t know Metzer fulfilled other hatcheries orders for white layers. When I was researching them though I read a lot of the info you provided to others about them and decided they’d be a good fit. Went to Metzers site and they had some available to ship next week.

I'm so sorry.

Thank you :hugs no delays. I went out to lock up the big ducks, I have the duck house divided in half, and they were all fine but peeping. That’s not unusual. The next morning two were out on the floor dead and one was under the heat plate. I have no idea why. There’s no way the older ducks got to them, and nothing else got into the house either, no visible injuries.
I saw the white layers and the kids really like them since they look like ducks so we got a few of them. Hopefully all girls.
I didn’t know Metzer fulfilled other hatcheries orders for white layers. When I was researching them though I read a lot of the info you provided to others about them and decided they’d be a good fit. Went to Metzers site and they had some available to ship next week.
So where did you order those ducklings? - It could very well be that there's a disease spreading in that hatchery. Usually ducklings are tough as nails, i was so worried about the first batch being too cold, too warm, thirsty, hungry, wet, bored,…
From time to time it happens that you have a straggler or runt and it is actually better for them to leave this world early, than being bullied around and shunned to the end of the food-chain. Ducks are some kind of merciless when it comes to sick flock members.
Your kids will loooove the White Layers!!! They and Runners are my personal favorite breeds. White Layers do everything for food e-ve-ry-thing! And as grown ups they look like "real" ducks, white and fluffy and they waddle like ducks. But they are much more agile than for example the Pekin ducks. I cannot contain myself, when the "Wild13" (the 13 fall ducklings) come running down the hill for some treats: The Runners look like they're wearing brown sweaters and white shorts and White Layers look like soft, fluffy slippers on legs. 🤣
I never had a WL drake! Have you ordered »Straight Run«?

Back
Top Bottom