Here are Babby's 2 younger brothers. They are slightly less "pretty" but just as sweet!
D2FE556D-BBC9-4642-A379-BFB892BF701E.jpeg
D2814979-D150-4996-AF77-9EB0F08E5904.jpeg
E92B1F88-5C22-4243-9345-C23EE1C62A7E.jpeg
F6F7C6A4-DCDF-4E80-B4FD-0879F73F1738.jpeg

What a handsome fella! So do Silkie cockerels just have small waddles?
Here are Babby's 2 younger brothers. They are slightly less "pretty" but just as sweet!
View attachment 1899390View attachment 1899391View attachment 1899392View attachment 1899394
I can't remember, but are these the first generation (f1) of the Silkie cross? I'm asking, because I've got a bit of an idea...
The new Serama roo is a bit of a knucklehead, but likes the Guinea, and tolerates the Silkies... I was thinking of making them their own flock because the guinea and Silkies love each other. Then I could still use the Silkies as broodies, and maybe get some cute hybrids at the same time. A flat feathered, booted tiny chicken with a walnut comb...
Then I could have a just Serama, (shhh...Annie is half Pycheon).

What a handsome fella! So do Silkie cockerels just have small waddles?

I can't remember, but are these the first generation (f1) of the Silkie cross? I'm asking, because I've got a bit of an idea...
The new Serama roo is a bit of a knucklehead, but likes the Guinea, and tolerates the Silkies... I was thinking of making them their own flock because the guinea and Silkies love each other. Then I could still use the Silkies as broodies, and maybe get some cute hybrids at the same time. A flat feathered, booted tiny chicken with a walnut comb...
Then I could have a just Serama, (shhh...Annie is half Pycheon).
Silkie waddles are pretty small, yes.

Babby, and his 2 brothers are all F1 crosses, that is correct. Only Babby is staying here though.

Sounds like a cool cross! :clap

Silkie waddles are pretty small, yes.

Babby, and his 2 brothers are all F1 crosses, that is correct. Only Babby is staying here though.

Sounds like a cool cross! :clap
Did all of the birds from that hatching have walnut combs?
I want a FRIZZLED COCHIN rooster! :barnie
I just called a local breeder... She has 3 frizzle and 1 smooth $15 each. You want me to put you down for 2? :D
The frizzle I met of her's when I got the Turkens was solid brown and quite the large handsome fella. I was ready to take him home, but I've got enough roos at the moment... :( I wouldn't mind just having a bachelor flock of pretty roos.
Speaking of roos... the Serama just mounted the guinea. :th

Did all of the birds from that hatching have walnut combs?

I just called a local breeder... She has 3 frizzle and 1 smooth $15 each. You want me to put you down for 2? :D
The frizzle I met of her's when I got the Turkens was solid brown and quite the large handsome fella. I was ready to take him home, but I've got enough roos at the moment... :( I wouldn't mind just having a bachelor flock of pretty roos.
Speaking of roos... the Serama just mounted the guinea. :th
It looks like they all have walnut combs. :D

:eek: I wish!! I love roosters too, but heh, I have too many. :gig Crazy rooster. :th

Back
Top Bottom