Blurry pictures as requested. 4 more still in calcium prison. Look at the s turds. They're crested. It must be my drakes. I borrowed some Saxony hens, not crested, mated them to my foundation drake, never produced a crested. I did this to get some size back because as I line bred they got smaller. Now I'm getting crested. Drakes need to go to freezer camp.
20230122_183158.jpg

Awww. I didn't know that the crested gene could be carried and not show. What a shame. Such cute little peepers, too!
Me neither. I'm shocked to be getting crested. These peepers will all need new homes. Also my current drakes and I will need a new drake to get rid of this crested gene. No more hatching till I get this figured out.

Blurry pictures as requested. 4 more still in calcium prison. Look at the s turds. They're crested. It must be my drakes. I borrowed some Saxony hens, not crested, mated them to my foundation drake, never produced a crested. I did this to get some size back because as I line bred they got smaller. Now I'm getting crested. Drakes need to go to freezer camp.
View attachment 3383243
Sweet babies! - Yes, the crested gene is really hard to get rid of, its like the cataract gene in us humans. It can skip generations, only to re-surface without warning.

Back
Top Bottom