My first home computer was an IBM selectric. Beat that you youngsters.
Screenshot 2023-06-05 at 19-41-22 gif it's been 84 years - Google Search.png

HEB. 5 pounds 5$ guess not cheaper just same price. I know you miss HEB
H.E.B. not so much. But i do miss FoodTown, Frutilandia and all the little Hispanic Mom and Pop shops where you can buy all the different kinds of Bananas and Peppers and things that they knew from their home-countries…
And Chapel-Hill Sausages! And BBQ!

But i do not miss having the neighbors peeking into my windows, figuring out what i was cooking for dinner.

Oh oh and I traded 3 drakes for two geese yesterday. Day old baby geese. Got rid of that drake that had no penis but somehow fertilized 4 of my current ducklings. They look just like him.
Glad that drake avoided freezer camp for now!
Say, do you keep your geese and the ducks in the same house?

My first home computer was an IBM selectric. Beat that you youngsters.
An IBM Selectric was the first printer for my Commodore 64! - I had two different character heads, one for US-ASCI and one with German characters (ÄäöÖüÜß) and the pound-sign (£). I was only allowed to print during day-time because an IBM-Selectric at full speed is deafening! 🤣

I was a member of the rival clan Sinclair at the time (ZX Spectrum) but yeah those were the days.
I also had a ZX81 computer not from Sinclair, but a Chinese rip-off with 32 KiB of memory. Loved that thing too, but there were no floppy-drives available and it could only be connected to a TV. - My C64 was connected to a color monitor, much better for the eyes.
Learned Z-80 assembler on the ZX81.

[...]

I still owe you poop pics :) Here goes... It's on the whitish side, used to be greener (the peas) but changed when we started with the antibiotics. All the other ducks also poop firmly (much darker color tones, almost black) like this despite being in love with water so I guess the consistency is OK.

View attachment 3530035
View attachment 3530036
Are all her poops look like that or does she have some really wet liquid poops too?
A duck that mostly poops "sausages" is on the brink of dehydration.
Best poops are those that look like mashed-potatoes with too much milk in. - Of course made with different coloured potatoes!
Slimy poop is bad, it means that there is too much protein, which can point to an inflammation or something wrong with the egg-production.
Have you offered some Calcium to Junior too?
And how is he doing?

No curly feathers. No curly other parts either. Coloring is fine too, and the crrroooak voice is only used as a heads up signal. Regular old school quacking apart from that. I think it will work out fine.
Very unfortunate! - Drakes are fun - as long as you don't have too many.
Drakes are the watchtowers that allow the ducks to forage undisturbed.
Drakes are the clowns that watch you with distrust while walking straight into the drainage ditch.
Drakes allow your ducks to go broody and make more little peepers. - And drakes…

Are all her poops look like that or does she have some really wet liquid poops too?
A duck that mostly poops "sausages" is on the brink of dehydration.
Best poops are those that look like mashed-potatoes with too much milk in. - Of course made with different coloured potatoes!
Slimy poop is bad, it means that there is too much protein, which can point to an inflammation or something wrong with the egg-production.
Have you offered some Calcium to Junior too?
And how is he doing?
We're offering calcium in layer feed (not very popular) and in crushed chickend eggshells (eaten nicely because they are finely ground and sprinkled over peas).

There are also more liquid poops but basically all of the ducks often leave quite firm poops such as the ones pictured - and they are in contact with water all day long, they drink, bathe, swim, they return to the basins constantly when foraging or eating from the grain / crumble plates. It's only overnight that they are left dry (about 9 pm - 6 am).

I think Junior might be improving somewhat in the sense that she seems more reactive to her enviroment, moves more decisively, eats more. But I feel like it's still touch and go. After all this is only her day #8 with us. I'll talk to the vet again tomorrow to report on the status and maybe get some more info and hitns.

Very unfortunate! - Drakes are fun - as long as you don't have too many.
Drakes are the watchtowers that allow the ducks to forage undisturbed.
Drakes are the clowns that watch you with distrust while walking straight into the drainage ditch.
Drakes allow your ducks to go broody and make more little peepers. - And drakes…
We do have the idea to eventually get a drake, but
- he would have to come from another source (so there is a wider genetic mix) ;
- we would like to first spend the entire 4 seasons with the girls to be extra sure we are fully duck compatible and extending the flock + possibly having ducklings is something that we'll welcome.

Back
Top Bottom