This is what it looked like last evening It's amazing to be so far away and having this.
Resized_20230606_202808.jpeg
Resized_20230606_203817.jpeg

Are you working over night again?
No, just had to get up early to get my grandson on the bus today. And I was dumb and didn't go to bed until really late.

That being said, I still haven't gone back to bed. Had to feed all the critters.

1686143477611.jpeg

Dainty hatched out NINE little flooffers! She's being a good mom too, fierce and protective, but she allows me near.

Junior is now eating A LOT of peas (sprinkled with yeast and finely ground eggshells) - around 250-300 g of cooked peas daily. Also some corn and vitaminized rice. Still doesn't really give a duck about layer crumble (pellets not currently available sadly).

She has also started to drink a visible quantity of vitamin-infused water and cooled down a bit on lettuce (must have been a drinking substitute which makes sense).

Her large wing feathers are starting to grow the fine brown feathery part and progress is visible daily. At least one eye is already visibly better from the antibiotic. Her legs seem noticeably stronger (when she tries to escape when we're administering the medication :) .

All in all we're making progress.

In general duck news, we've had rain - again - and slugs are being hunted down in industrial quantities. Happy ducks all over the place.
Well, eating a large amount of lettuce instead of drinking water surely explains the green sausages. - Glad to hear that she is making progress!

Your ducks aren't going crazy about slugs?
Maybe the duckies ate too many of them and crave another taste?
If a duck here acquires a large slug or snail she must have mastered the art of »eating while every female in the flock is running after you«. They go so crazy for slugs, that i have researched if i can produce extra ones. - Not very easy and efficient…

What about some new Junior pictures? :bow

Back
Top Bottom