Sad news: only two of the older duck eggs in the incubator (which had been due to hatch on the 17th) look alive. There are some iffy ones in there, but I saw no movement.

The eggs that I'd set on the 29th of March mostly look okay though. But not the goose eggs I'd set that same day. Already pulled two of those, and I don't have high hopes for the remaining two.

Please hold off on counseling. I have read where if a Hen does not like the drake she can actually expel the semen from herself and wait for the right drake to come along. Amazing huh!
I've read about that too... the organs are so complex that the hen can decide what to accept. Still, I would believe that statistically, if the drake keeps at it - well, anyway, I hope this one unfertilized egg will be our only loss in this batch.

Our weather here is beautiful so we hope to see quite a display here before long. The skies are clear and the sun is bright, 18 miles East of Columbus.
It did not get as dark as we thought it might but it was cool to watch. It cooled off and there was a nice breeze just like they said. I was glad we got the day off to watch it.

🎶🎶 one of these things is not like the other....
20240408_191105.jpg

Back
Top Bottom