It is nice that you have enough land to be able to keep all of your drakes. I have a large pen but my drakes still try to hassle my Hens since I don't have an open area that they can fly in. I am glad it is all working out well for you.
I was honestly surprised, that it has not become as bad as i though. I have started preparations for a drake-jail by starting to fence in my fruit-tree pasture. Trying to swat two flies with one stroke: Keep the deer from killing my fruit trees and being able to isolate the drakes.
I have some ducks with bald necks, but nobody ended up being bloody or severely limping.

i dont know if ill have time to run back and forth to a closet with each egg. maybe i can drape a large towwel over my head and just stay at the nest
Not sure if the shells of a goose egg are that much thicker, but with the duck-eggs a simple cheap LED flashlight was enough to see through the duck eggs' shells even in daylight. I used one of these tiny flashlights that they sometimes give away fro free at the harbor.

Back
Top Bottom