LOL yes!! Meanwhile at my house...
20200122_092923.jpg

I love their designs, but I also love a good walk in coop. I watched a 40 minute video on a walkthrough of one of their "completely custom" coop and runs and the guy is explaining everything about the coop, and they are SO well made. But at the same time I can't help but remember that these people paid for a most likely 20-30k coop that holds 6 chickens. Like why?
You def want a walk in house.

Storey's guide to ducks says ducks need 2-6sq' of inside space depending on what breed your going for. So as long as you keep that in mind girls can be moody and have spats so you want plenty of room inside their house. What breed are you wanting?

I was thinking of having the coop area 4x8 and then the run 8x16. And then put another automatic door into the side of that run that allows them access during the day to the chicken run, which is 50x50. The smaller coop/run area that I'd build would just be for overnights so they have a completely predator proof place to be. Our big run is all hardware cloth and has a buried apron, but the top is aviary netting so I wouldn't want them in that run at night. We've never had anything get in, but I just don't trust it.

So if I made the duck coop 4x8, I could do about 5 ducks max at 6 sq ft a piece.

I love their designs, but I also love a good walk in coop. I watched a 40 minute video on a walkthrough of one of their "completely custom" coop and runs and the guy is explaining everything about the coop, and they are SO well made. But at the same time I can't help but remember that these people paid for a most likely 20-30k coop that holds 6 chickens. Like why?
My wife works for a high-end construction company. Most of their jobs are remodeling, some of them are new construction. What are the jobs are working on right now is valued at 2.2 million. They are building a chicken coop for them that is bigger than my house, and cost 90k!
:th
I mean if you have it like that, sure, go for it. I could do a whole lot of things for 90 grand though.

Morning everyone!
I decided next week I'm going to head out of town for the auction, get quarantine cages ready in case I do decide to bring a few birds home. I'm really hoping to find some muscovies, my boys aren't enough :rolleyes:
Might I help you find professional help???

1 is too many... make the change to a turkey ....

Back
Top Bottom